How can I get more channels?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by crazyfool, Oct 3, 2002.

1. crazyfool

crazyfool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Can someone help me, i'm pretty new to all this so sorry if this is a really simple question.
    I want to find out how I can get more channels? I'm particularly interested in getting a music channel, and E4 looks a bit cool.

Trouble is i've just moved into an old Georgian building in Bath, so this means that I can't put up a sky dish! I also have no garden, so cannot stick one in there either. I've also checked about cable from Telewest, but it seems they are not in my area! :-( Very dissapointed because i'm just about to buy a cool new TV and want to watch more than just BBC1 etc on it.

Any ideas to this problem would be much appreciated, i'm sure I must be able to get more channels somehow...?

Thanks,
    Tom

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With no dish and no cable the only thing left would be a FTV STB, runs off an outside aerial, I presume you can have one of these, :D this will give you extra channels, what channels I don't know, but there are a few members here that have this system they will be able to inform you better than me.

Failing the FTV, grab yourself a DVD player if you haven't already got one. :D

This may help

3. crazyfool

crazyfool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, that's what I thought, thanks for the information mate,
    seems like I need a dvd player then
    cheers,
    Tom

4. jim.rae

jim.rae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you like movies, a DVD is a must...

However the new line up on the Freeview service which launches at the end of the month is quite good - and a lot of it is widescreen.

You can see the channel list at the BBC website under entertainment news or digital TV.