How can I get dual channel Bluetooth functionality like this?

ErnieS

Novice Member
I have a Yamaha RX-V383 receiver/amplifier receiving ARC sound input via HDMI from an OLED LG TV. I would like to have the option of having the home theater sound via the ARC connection and at the same time be able to connect two sets of Bluetooth headphones to listen to the sound. Further, I would like to be able to mute the sound to the speakers and keep sound to the two sets of headphones without having to physically plug and unplug anything. I know I can buy a dual channel Bluetooth transmitter for the two headphones, but where does it receive its input to provide the desired versatility described above? Suggestions appreciated. (There appears to be no way to get a signal for the dual channel transmitter from the LG TV without killing the HDMI sound input to the amplifier).

dante01

Distinguished Member
Your particular AV receiver has no means by which to facilitate what you want to do. It has no pre outs or independent audio outputs other than its own headphone jack. The only way to convey a signal to a Blutooth tramsmitter would be to do so via the receiver's headphone jack.

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
The native Bluetooth functionality of the RX-V383 only supports a single device.

You will need something like an August MR270, connected to the headphones socket of your Yamaha via a 6.5mm - 3.5mm adapter.

ErnieS

Novice Member
Anything plugged into the headphones socket kills the output to the speakers. In addition, it requires one to physically plug and unplug something every time the headphones are used. I would like to avoid that.

These replies seem to confirm that what I want to do is impossible. I find this remarkable, given the dozens of options and the complexity of the menus on both the LG TV and the Yamaha amplifier. Why is it so hard to provide the audio signal to more than one output at a time?

dante01

Distinguished Member
The issue is that you want something that isn't actually in demand so there's no incentive for a manufacturer to include such a feature.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom