• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How can i get better TV reception?

quinny987

Standard Member
I've got a freeview box in my bedroom but i have no aerial socket on my wall. I've tried numerous digital aerials but these are only able to pick up around 7 channels and not always at good quality.
I am now wondering whether there are any other ways around this problem or if there is a certain aerial which is very powerful.

fernandez

Distinguished Member
There is no magic indoor aerial.

Their use is, at best, hit and miss and depends on your distance from the transmitter, whether you are directly facing the transmitter, immediate surroundings etc. etc.

Some appear to work better than others as a search on here for 'set top aerial' or 'indoor aerial' will show along with tales of woe.

You may also find it helpful to read this http://www.avforums.com/forums/freeview/826100-freeview-f-q-s.html

alan1572

I've got a freeview box in my bedroom but i have no aerial socket on my wall. I've tried numerous digital aerials but these are only able to pick up around 7 channels and not always at good quality.
I am now wondering whether there are any other ways around this problem or if there is a certain aerial which is very powerful.

is it possible to take an extension from the point in the main viewing room?

alan1572

i've used the above amp a couple of time and it works just fine, quinny987, get one of those amps above and a length of decent cable and your away, also, you will need a male to male co-ax fly lead to go from the amp which will be behind your current tv into the current tv/freeview box.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom