How can I fit in a bigger screen?

Joe C

Hello everyone, looking for a bit of advice please.

My little cinema room is just over 4m long and just over 2m wide and I’m looking to get as big a TV in there as possible (a projector isn’t possible)

I currently have a 65” in there, but am hamstrung from going any bigger due my front L+R speakers being either side of the screen.

Any suggestions on what I can do? The kallax unit will be going at some point when the bar I’m building up the end of the garden is done, which will give unimpeded runs down the side of the room

All advice gratefully received

44E2ABEE-0BCA-4FC8-AEA1-33823964D64C.jpeg

Joe C

Could you not lower the L+R speakers to bring them in line with the centre and angle them upwards slightly...
Once the kallax is gone I could - but I think they would be too low then wouldn’t they?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joe C

Upvote 0

Ambienz

Just go for a projector and full room width, acoustically transparent electronic screen.

You’ll never look back

Upvote 0

Joe C

Just go for a projector and full room width, acoustically transparent electronic screen.

You’ll never look back

Not possible I’m afraid

Upvote 0

Joe C

Why not?

uktra short throw projector?

Talking silly money then.

Can't fit a more traditional one in as I wouldn't be able to ceiling mount it, and there's no room behind the seating position for it to go there (and would prevent me being able to open the windows)

Upvote 0

Ambienz

Talking silly money then.

Can't fit a more traditional one in as I wouldn't be able to ceiling mount it, and there's no room behind the seating position for it to go there (and would prevent me being able to open the windows)
If money is a sticking point, Look at some of the Chinese versions. Someone bought a Fengmi on here recently for a lot less than the next step up in TV from a 65”

vava or xiaomi do them from some websites. Reviews seem to be good. Probably the same internals without the brand names.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom