• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question How can I find the value for speakers

emmajao

Novice Member
Hi I have a pair of Linn keilidh speakers with an amp unit ( I think ) I'm not clued up on these at all and was wondering if anyone could help me get a value for them please

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    888.7 KB · Views: 52

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
By VALUE do you mean the original cost or the current Used Prices. A Google Image Search would take you a long way.

Based on this link, the original price was about US$575 to US$750 presumably per pair.

Linn Keilidhs Compact Tower Speakers | Hi-Fi Systems Reviews | HighFidelityReview - Hi-Fi systems, DVD-Audio and SACD reviews

Here are a pair of used on sale in Canada for about CA$700/pr. Though that seems a bit steep. The items have been listed for over 1000 days, though the speakers are now sold.

LINN KEILIDH AMERICAN CHERRY FLOORSTANDING LOUDSPEAKERS - Photo537070

LINN KEILIDH AMERICAN CHERRY FLOORSTANDING LOUDSPEAKERS

Using this information, the average price is about US$670/pr which, using currency conversion, is £445/pr.

Typically a used item is worth about half of it original price, adjusted for condition and desirability. There are product that sell for as much today as they sold for new. However, such products demanding that high of price are rare.

I've not been able to determine when the speakers were made, but it seems they are about 15 years old. In speakers of this age, I would be concerned about the condition of the Surround, which in this context are the rubber/foam rings that connect the speaker cone to the frame.

Especially Foam Surrounds have a tendency to deteriorate over time, and in a sense disintegrate, crumble to dust. Gently rub your finger over the surround, it if is crumbly or gritty, then it is probably beginning to deteriorate. These Surrounds can be replaced at a pretty reasonable price. If you can find someone to do the work. There are YouTube videos demonstrating how Surround can be repaired.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom