• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How can I eliminate mouse judder?

MajorGFX

Standard Member
Hey guys,

Just setup my new rig that is running a GTX 670 GPU.

Running battlefield 3 fine on ultra settings, but I have horrible mouse judder that ruins gameplay due to when moving the mouse makes the whole game not smooth at all, its kinda like the mouse is moving points on very wide pixels, it is not smooth moving at all... Any ideas how to eliminate this? Has anyone experienced this?

Im using an optical gaming mouse.

Dave.

majnu

Distinguished Member
What brand/model mouse do you have?

Razor

Distinguished Member
Use a pad. :smashin:

MajorGFX

Standard Member
Its just a cheap one, I have tried 3 different mice now and its happening on them all.
I'll have a try a pad I guess.
I hope its nothing to do with the setup I've got!

jassco

Distinguished Member
Have you tried knocking all graphics settings onto the lowest, and do you have 8gb ram? I had stuttering issues with 4gb ram and no amount of graphics card power will make up for it.

MajorGFX

Standard Member
Have you tried knocking all graphics settings onto the lowest, and do you have 8gb ram? I had stuttering issues with 4gb ram and no amount of graphics card power will make up for it.

I have 8gb of crucial balistix sport and a 3rd gen 3570k i5.:confused:

MajorGFX

Standard Member

boltlock

Distinguished Member
Yea it is the same in all settings, but it has improved since I turnt VSYNC OFF.

Will take a look at that link now.

Just my opinion but if you turn off vsynch and that cures it somewhat, then I would say it's more likely a problem with your graphics card. It's not overheating or anything is it? Are you using the latest drivers (not the ones on the disk)?

MajorGFX

Standard Member
Hmm, thats worrying cause the whole setup including the TV is brand new. £1500 of gear I hope none of it is faulty.

The GPU doesnt go much over 45C and the CPU is around 40C at most.

I will take a screen shot of my MSI afterburner setting for you to look at.

boltlock

Distinguished Member
Hmm, thats worrying cause the whole setup including the TV is brand new. £1500 of gear I hope none of it is faulty.

The GPU doesnt go much over 45C and the CPU is around 40C at most.

I will take a screen shot of my MSI afterburner setting for you to look at.

I wouln't worry just yet as it may just be a configuration issue.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
You want to try knocking down the sensitivity on the mouse ingame on battlefield, and play about with the processing too, for MSAA and FXAA ingame, and don't touch the raw mouse input on BF3's setting either.

Had similar issues with a no-driver CiT gaming mouse, prior to getting the Sharkoon Drakonia, but with it's software, you can set the mouse modes to what you want, faster for aiming/general play, and lower for sniping, etc.

With the CiT, I had to drop the mouse settings down till they were about 1cm from the lowest, same in-vehicle, anything else was a bit jerky with panning the mouse.

MajorGFX

Standard Member
Use a pad. :smashin:

Picked up a 360 pad last night for windows, works spot on! Little slower than keyboard and mouse but thats inevitable!

Delvey

Distinguished Member
MajorGFX said:
Picked up a 360 pad last night for windows, works spot on! Little slower than keyboard and mouse but thats inevitable!

There is a program you can download that van increase the sensitivity above the games maximum. Think it is bf3 settings

Bigbud

Prominent Member

So you get stuttering with the mouse but not with a pad ?

If thats the case then I know one of the lads I game with had the same problem. Its down to drivers, drove him mad and we tried everything to fix it. He wasnt sure what fixed it in the end thou I dont think.

MajorGFX

Standard Member
Yea the pad is fine! And tbh im more of a pad user, as the last time i played properly with K&M was back in the day on COD2 and BF2!

Also, I still get screen tearing very occasionally even though the problems have been sorted and VSYNC is on, im hoping it wont annoy me too much.

Fibre optic broadband installed tomorrow, BF3 online sesh tomorrow evening! Its been too long!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom