how can i custominse/ change my message tones

xWAKEYx

Novice Member
I appreciate this may have been asked before but doing a search brings up outdated posts, 2008.

So I'm asking if theres a way to custominse/ change my message tones, like i could do before with my old phone by pasting into my phone when connected to my pc.

Also is there an easy way to do this with ringtones?

thanks

sussexmariner

Novice Member
In a word no, unless you jailbreak your phone and even then its a long winded process to customise your message ringtones.

You can add ringtones for your phone without having to buy them from itunes by changing the file name, I just paid 99p to a guy on ebay who sent me simple instructions via an email and even a simpleton like me can use any song I want for a ringtone!

Dave X

In a word no, unless you jailbreak your phone and even then its a long winded process to customise your message ringtones.

actually it's pretty simple once jailbroken, I just use i-funbox and navigate to the UI Sounds directory and just replace the standard tone with the customised one. As long as you rename the custom tone to the standard name it works fine.

I have the "Nokia" text tone on my iPhone, takes me about 2 minutes to do whenever I restore or upgrade my FW.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom