1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I connect these?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Jpfahy, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Jpfahy

Jpfahy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I'm wondering how I could connect the following to a 42" Panasonic Plasma (TH42PW5B) in the 'least expensive' manner.
    I have a Yamaha RXV630RDS Reciever that has 2 Component Inputs, 1 Output, I guess this can be used somehow?

Nokia 221T (Two Scart sockets on this)
    VCR (I know the quality will be dire but I'll get around to HDD someday, 2 Scarts again)
    DVD (Only 1 Scart but will probably upgrade to a Toshiba Component output player)
    Xbox

Any ideas?
    :rolleyes:

2. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +416
    Do you want to use the amp as a switchable source for picture as well as sound ?

If yes then you'll need three 'video' phono leads from the amp to the plasma (length as appropriate) ...

You'll need to get the RGB out of the Nokia scart and into component to go into the amp ... not sure of any direct leads but John Sims boxes work a treat ...

You could daisy chain the dvd or xbox via RGB scart through the nokia box and share the component output ...

same for dvd or xbox (whichever not as above using) to convert to component ...

leave vcr on a composite into amp and composite out to plasma ...

gives best quality but not necessarily cheapest ...

If not bothered about component through the amp then get an rgb scart to vga lead for nokia (and daisy chain dvd/xbox through that too) ... get a scart to rgb phono for dvd/xbox ... and scart to composite phono for vcr ...

Cheaper but will have to select input on plasma to match source ...

rgds

Jon

3. Jpfahy

Jpfahy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply jont :)