1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can i connect Sony 1041qm to sky RGB

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by skid, Jul 7, 2004.

1. skid

skid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can i connect my sky digibox to a sony 1041qm from the RGB output, Can anyone help,

2. GlennR

GlennR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Skid

I have a Sony 1041 and yes it is possible to achieve your objective. Because the sync voltage on standard electronic devices (DVD's etc) is not high enough to work with most Sony's you will have to use a Syncblaster type cable from Keene Electronics. That will give you a Scart (RGB) to 5x BNC connection with the amplifier built into the Scart socket. Very neat solution and good quality too. A 5m lead is about £80.00.

www.Keene.co.uk

Hope this helps

Glenn

3. skid

skid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look at the web site.
    Was there much improvement in PQ for you .

Skid

4. GlennR

GlennR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The improvement in PQ was minimal but that said thec quality of the signal broadcast is not that good and differentiates enourmously from channel to channel. You have to remember that TV pictures were not designed or intended to be that big . Don't compare the picture to your standard TV, it will never be that good because you are stretching the original picture to whatever size you are projecting.

Because the 1041 can only handle 15 Khz Horizontal Freq. (Video only) you cannot line double to improve the picture quality.

Search this forum for 1041 posts or avsforum.com (Stateside), there are some references which can be helpful.

Regards
    Glenn