How can I connect my digital decoder to my PC monitor?

N

noogie

Hi!
I have an ADB set-top box
http://www.adbglobal.com/products/documents/ADB3000_Series.pdf
Give or take a few things, practically the same.

Point is, the box has 2 SCART connectors, and is giving a very high quality signal.
Bsides that, I also have a Philips Brilliance 17A computer monitor (pretty old).
Besides having the standard computer connector, called D-SUB, I think, It has an RGB 4-port component connector

My question is,
Is there a cable with which i can connect the decoder to my monitor?
Or is the solution a little more tricky?

I believe this JS Tech converter does what you're after though I haven't personally used one.

As far as I understand it the RGB in the SCART isn't the same as the RGB required by the monitor so a conversion is needed, it isn't isn't a simple rewiring job.

It's a nice doo-hicky,
But it costs 120 pounds, and the component one costs 150,
Multiply it by 8, and it's roughly a thousand NIS (New Israeli Shekels)
I can buy a 29'' TV for that kind of money,
I thought there was a simpler and cheaper solution,
Thanks for your help!

noogie said:
Hi!
I have an ADB set-top box
http://www.adbglobal.com/products/documents/ADB3000_Series.pdf
Give or take a few things, practically the same.

Point is, the box has 2 SCART connectors, and is giving a very high quality signal.
Bsides that, I also have a Philips Brilliance 17A computer monitor (pretty old).
Besides having the standard computer connector, called D-SUB, I think, It has an RGB 4-port component connector

My question is,
Is there a cable with which i can connect the decoder to my monitor?
Or is the solution a little more tricky?

Buy a cheap TV. Will be easier. Or get a Sattelite or terrestrial DVB tuner for your PC. Connecting a set top box to a PC monitor will require special hardware that costs a fortune. In the UK a 28" (66cm) widescreen TV is £150, and we are the most overpriced country in the world, I guess in Israel things are a bit easier, so head that route. There is not an easy cable to use in this case.

I don't want to buy a TV at all, my room isn't that large, and I don't want it to be cramped.
It's taking me quite an effort to clean it and throw out all the things I don't need, believe me, there's lots of them.
I posted this question to see whether I could connect a Digital Cable Decoder to my PC monitor without having to break an arm and a leg, Aperantly, I have to.

I hate all these tuner card inside the computer, the cheap ones suck, and the expansive ones cost almost like this converter or a new chinese TV set.

You're right, No easy cable on this one.

Thanks for your help!!!! :clap:

P.s. Israel is very overpriced too.

This is DVB-T I understand (freeview), there are plenty of good quality DVB-T PCI and USB cards on the market, with the right software and a capable pc you should not be having too many problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom