How can I change I uk sky box to have Irish EPG listings??????

E

erneboy

it does not matter if i can resive the channals or not just wont the listings on the sky guide

i know channals will be encripted.

Broadz

Distinguished Member

it does not matter if i can resive the channals or not just wont the listings on the sky guide

i know channals will be encripted.

It's the card in the box that dictates which channels you receive, not the box (or location of the box) itself. Find a friend in Ireland who doesn't watch Sky anymore, ask them to send you their card, put it in the box and job's a good un. Don't try to pair the card to the box, Sky will probably query why an Irish card is in a box in UK, but it will show you the correct listing.

All highly illegal of course - but that's how to do it.

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
The only way to get the irish listings is to have a card registered in ROI. The postcode (or lack of it in ROI cases) determines which channels the EPG places as 101, 102 etc, hence when people move they need to tell Sky who change the postcode and resend the signals to the VC.

I did have one issue earlier this year where a UK custoemr was getting ROI viewing because the sales dept has neglected to enter a postcode on his account. The box took this as no postcode at all so gave the customer ROI viewing.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom