How can i bend the signal or reflect it a bit!

jonokimber

Standard Member
Hello all. My kit isn't too spectacular and having just put my sky+ box and Sony DAVD531 in a sideboard with glass doors I am now suffering with not being able to use the remote for the amp from 3 out of 4 seats, in fact the whole sofa. The sky+ can be operated from all angles through the glass doors as the remote sensor is more towards the middle of the unit and doesn't get obscured by the 2 inch wide door frame, unlike the amplifier.

This is my problem in that the amp is as wide as the door. The frame of the door is quite wide and the amplifier remote sensor is towards the edge of the unit.

So what i am trying to say is that i have to move off the sofa ( a big deal especially with a pregnant wife who currently lives on the sofa) in order to use the remote to change the volume for example.

What i am asking is if there are any quick fixes involving tin foil for example, or cunning, that anyone knows about?

How small, cheap, battery intensive and reliable are these magic eye remote repeaters, or whatever they are called?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Jon

jonokimber

Standard Member
Is it worth me trying a mirror on the wall opposite? I can set it right to work ok from the sofa with a laser pointer? Is this likely to work as i don't actually have a small mirror to try! Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom