How can I adjust the contrast on my player/recorder?

brbrown

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Panasonic LED TV model TX-32FS503B which I was told would be compatible with my old Panasonic recorder/player model DMR-EZ49V which functions well except the picture on the HDMI channel looks faded and lacks contrast which I can't change on the recorders Function menu or the TV settings.
I have an HDMI cable connecting the two devices and have also tried connecting them with a three plug video lead to no avail.
Also, I can't get the Information button to work on the player hand set. Perhaps I need a new code to reset it.
Any one any idea to help please?

Recorders don’t have contrast settings in their menu.
TBH your TV isn't a “real” Panasonic but is a budget Vestel-made model with the same design available under a few other budget brands.
You cannot change the players IR code when using it with the player.

Hello JayCee.Thanks for the reply. I am very surprised to note your comments because Panasonic assured me that the two items were compatible so I thought they would work well together. I was not aware that the player was a budget model, it being expensive compared with other models I looked at before purchase and I did not have this problem using a previous Panasonic TV. That makes me wary of buying a new Panasonic player.

I was not aware that the player was a budget model, it being expensive compared with other models I looked at before purchase and I did not have this problem using a previous Panasonic TV. That makes me wary of buying a new Panasonic player.
No, not your player, your TV.

Sorry. I misunderstood. Likewise with the TV though. When I purchased it, it was on display with its equivalent sizes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom