• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

how can i add a third monitor to a dual screen set up?

shahedz

Distinguished Member
I have shuttle PC, it is the SNG142 , it has dual screen output which i have connected to two monitors, I recently bought a plasma which can accpet hi def via a VGA, can i add another VGA out put which has seperate VGA settings to the current monitors i have added? Cheers

mjn

Distinguished Member
Should be able to, using the correct software and settings.

mjn

Distinguished Member
No, it shouldn't.

shahedz

Distinguished Member
whats the difference between PCI and and PCI-E,also with my dual screen set up. i have the mouse scroll from one screen to the other (thyere side by side) how would the third monitor (plasma) be integrated it cant be a clone of one screen for the resolution reasons so i am a bit confused, cheers

mjn

Distinguished Member
whats the difference between PCI and and PCI-E,also with my dual screen set up. i have the mouse scroll from one screen to the other (thyere side by side) how would the third monitor (plasma) be integrated it cant be a clone of one screen for the resolution reasons so i am a bit confused, cheers

PCI is the old style of slot, cream in colour and PCI-Express is the newer type of slot, either blue or brown.

You can have either clone mode or desktop extension.

shahedz

Distinguished Member
i got a cream slot so assume its old fashion PCI, my processer is AMD 2500 and i have 512 Ram, will i be able to add another card and will it run efficently or do you think it will strain the PC , will more Ram rectify this ?

cheers,

Educated Guess

Look at Ultramon. I use it myself, great utility for managing multiple monitors.

http://realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

mjn

Distinguished Member
i got a cream slot so assume its old fashion PCI, my processer is AMD 2500 and i have 512 Ram, will i be able to add another card and will it run efficently or do you think it will strain the PC , will more Ram rectify this ?

cheers,

Yep, thats a PCI slot. I'd get hold of a cheap PCI card off ebay and see if the setup does what you want. I got a new Matrox something or other for £7 off ebay a few months, excellent picture quality.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom