• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How can a stream h.264 files from PC?

Washu

Standard Member
Deleting my old thread on streaming h.264 files on the 360 from my PC as I seem to have found the cause of the issue; the mp4a audio file.
Seems like the Xbox can't play that audio file which means it won't play any of the file. I have been, and still am, doing some research on re-encoding the audio file only without having to re-encode the video file too as that take about 9 hours to do the entire thing (I did one last night).
I have found some programs but I can't get them to work. Does anyone have a little guide or solution on what programs I need to do this? I have seen the term demux/remux in a few places but no real answer to my problems.

Last edited:

Washu

Standard Member
Thanks but I'm running XP. I just ended up converting the entire file to x.264 and mp4 audio (or wmv, I forget now) using video converter. Took hours to do but they are done now.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom