How big problem is this edge tear on driver?

bifgootnz

Novice Member
I'm looking to buy second hand center speaker to match my B&W 684. I've found HTM62 S2, which is perfect match, but there is a problem with one driver. There is a edge tear around driver, as per attached photo. How big problem is this? This person is saying that he didn't notice any difference in sound, but like any seller he is maybe just trying to get rid of it. On other hand there is possibility that this is not affecting driver to much? I know there is possibility to order replacement but as I'm in NZ and with shipping cost it is not worth to do it.

Here in New Zealand there is almost no market for B&W speakers and it is hard to find any good second or even new B&W speakers.

Other option is to buy CC6 S2 which is not a perfect match but it may work. On other hand most people is saying that center speaker should be perfect match as otherwise will not sound how it should. Thanks

1695001928.jpg

Jase

Distinguished Member
Whilst initially it might sound ok I found over time a tear eventually gets big enough to cause issues and the driver needs replacing. Had a couple of Kef drivers that started like that and eventually split all around.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom