How big is yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sammy Jankis

Hello

I've been lurking around this forum for a few months now and have noticed that almost all the posts are from owners of pjs with 8 inch tubes. As I have a 708mm (7 inch tubes) I am beginning to feel a little inadequate:clown: .

I was wondering how many people have 7's and how many have 8's and how many people have moved from 7 to 8. Is there a great difference in quality or is it only something an obsessed tweaker would notice.

Bye

Sammy

My projector has 7" tubes as it was the largest I could fit in.
I personally think I've come into the CRT scene a little late and believe that within 3 yrs DLP will be the way to go which fits my PJ lifespan nicely.

I had a Barco 708, I moved with months to an 808s.

Now if Roland wasn't so damn busy he might actually get around to putting my 1209s in...

Jenz.
To upgrade is Human, to tweak divine...

I can't make up my mind

x1 5"
x6 6"
x16 7"
x20 8"
x10 9"

Make that

x1 5"
x6 6"
x16 7"
x21 8"
x9 9"
:D

Originally posted by Sammy Jankis
As I have a 708mm (7 inch tubes) I am beginning to feel a little inadequate:clown: .
BarcoGraphics 1208 here - 8", with a *big* chassis. The key difference is the electromagnetic focusing, over the generally electrostatic focusing in 7" projectors.

PK

It's as big as my..., well it's big.

I upgraded from a standard video grade 7" to a nice 808. I noticed a large difference and thought it was well worth it, for a reasonable outlay.

I was recently offered a 1209 for a good price, but I could not personally justify the cost. A great projector, without question, but the 1209 would end up costing about double the value of the 808. Is it twice as good? I'm not sure. As tempted as I was , I passed on the offer. You have to draw the line somewhere. (I do, anyway!)

Regards Rob.

Have a 1208 and yes the chassis is huge, but the picture is to die for.

Started with a Barco 600, then 800, then 801s, each move was an improvement.

Next - Ehhhhh a G90.........................

Rgds

Nathan

Originally posted by nfordenfield
Have a 1208 and yes the chassis is huge, but the picture is to die for.

Started with a Barco 600, then 800, then 801s, each move was an improvement.

Next - Ehhhhh a G90.........................

Rgds

Nathan

I'm not greedy, a G70 would do me nicely :D

I would take back what I said about drawing the line!

Rob.

Originally posted by uncle eric
Rob,
I am, just bought another :eek: :D

Now thats just plain greedy......;)

Hope all goes well this week,

Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel