1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Big Is To Big

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Hal, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Hal

Hal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am sure this has been asked be fore. but I caint quit fined ount what I am looking for with the search.

I am just abount to get a pj thinking of the infocus 5700 or maby the the theme scene 56.

I have what will be a dedcanted room for all of this. I will be abount 9ft away from the screen So what is the best screen size for me to have. It will be a fixed screen

I thinking maby 5ft or 6ft I doint want to end up with tennis neck but would like It to be as big as pos

It cross my mined that it mite be better to end up wishing I had gone bigger than relizeing it is to big

P.s If any one can think of a better pj please give me a shount..

Anyway any help you lot can give would be of great help...

2. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Whats the throw of the lens on that PJ????? 9ft away will be the limiting factor on the screen size really...... Anything around 7ft across from that distance will be more than ample..........The bigger you go the easier it is to see the pixels so bigger isn't always best.....

3. Hal

Hal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The throw on the infoucus 57 is 1.89 -2.63 not sure abount the 56. But the pj will be celing mounted anyway so the throw should not be a proplem.

4. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +929
    The throw is the distance from projector to screen, therefore how long is your room as for a 6ft wide screen you will need a throw of about 11ft.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    why not buy it, throw on to wall, play with zoom find nice size then buy screen?

6. Hal

Hal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got out of the bath and wile in there that there thoght came to me. "I now I have boardband but damm I never thoght it was that good" :D (And who do i see abount gettig this chip out off my head....

The room is 16.6 feet long And the pj will be rooth mounted so thow should not be a proplem...

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    ??????
    You seem slightly confused about throw......although very adjustable the PJ will not produce anyimage from any distance see www.projectorcentral.com they have a throw calculator that will let see how far away PJ needs to be for possible image sizes.

8. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Indeed, it should also be brone in mind that the further back ou put the pj the brighter it needs to be. These pj's are not that good at screen sizes of over 10ft or so. Hal needs to work out exactly where he should bolt the thing to the ceiling so the zoom is at its mid way point with a reasonable screen size (say 7ft...). Sitting 9ft away with a screen any bigger isn't going to look very nice.... He needs to use the calculator. Like I said bigger isn't always better.....