1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how big a differance in sound quallity higher up range from same manufacturer???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mick23, Apr 8, 2003.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    whilst trying rotel 981 driving cdm1nts fronts+3802 direct mode ,i out of curriosity swopped bw 600s3 normally used as surrounds ,to the front, and tried a couple of cds,

quite suprised to find that there was not a "great differance between the cdms and 600s3, the cdms had richer bass/midrange but i did not find it was day and night though,as speakers are from the same company i assume they have simular tonal traits etc,

your comments please, thanks all

2. MuFu

MuFu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well the tweeter units have a very similar timbre and they contribute to the bulk of the "character" of the sound in a multi-way system. The 600s aren't full range so that would go some way towards explaining the lack of warmth in the bass/mid-bass dept. Having said that, they can sound pretty "full" if pushed back against a wall.

Did you listen with a sub hooked up? If you did, then that would have covered up the discrepancy in the lower ranges to a certain extent. More so if using a high-level connection.

MuFu.

3. MuFu

MuFu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    P.S. The fact that you choose products from different ranges in order to form your system (regardless of whether the decision was due to financial circumstances etc) is testament to the fact that the differences really aren't that great.