1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How best to upgrade??

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Fatbloke, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Fatbloke

Fatbloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    My wife has a Orange contract phone motorola V66, which she's looking to upgrade to a V500.

I use a PAYG orange sim and used her upgrade uption on the V66 to get myself a SE P800, back in June, which I now run on the PAYG sim. MY wife is still using the original 60 minute contract sim together with her V66... still following

Now I don't mind moving my sim to a pay contract if I have to (is it possible to have 2 numbers on the same contract??) but I'd rather stay PAYG. So what's the best way to get her the new phone without just buying the handset outright.

I need expert mobile advise please.

Also, we both want to keep our own numbers of course. And stay with Orange.

Any advice appreciated

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    About six months ago I tried to upgrade my phone from PAYG to contract and keep the same number and stay on Orange.
    I was told by Orange C/S, CPW & The Link that to keep the same number I would have to move to another network :mad: .
    You can still upgrade a contract phone that is less than a year old, but you will be charged more money to do it. I think on Orange the minimum time is 3 months.
    I also found that it was cheaper for me to buy an unlocked phone rather than upgrade via Orange.

Mark.

3. nokiaman

nokiaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi You wont be able to get an upgrade for free on your wives contract as you used it in June, but you can still upgrade on her contract but it will cost you slightly more.
    Depending on how much your monthly bill is and the phone you chose this will vary ring orange customer servies to ask how much it would be.

You could upgrade your pay as you go phone also as orange offer this option but it will be more expensive than using the upgrade from the contract. with me still lol.??

You can have 2 numbers on the the same sim card, you have line 1 and line 2 and i also have fax number also all on the same sim.

You could also change your wife tarrif and you could share the montly line rental and free mins and choosing a new phone each and keep the same number with orange share tarriff.

Visit your orange shop or call customer services and ask about all these options.