Answered How bad to project an image smaller than the screen?

shroud

Novice Member
Reaction score
Almost settled on which projector to buy, my wife and I have a bit of a conflict on the screen size... basically I am pushing for the largest screen possible (135") while she believes that it would be uncomfortable and wants a smaller screen.

The projector itself will be a short throw, so it won't be permanently attached anywhere, but will instead be put on a coffee table in the middle of the living room, so it will be possible to change the image size by moving the coffee table back and forth. This means that we could buy the larger screen, and later decide whether to always use all its area or sometimes project a smaller image instead.

So the stupid question is: how bad is it to watch a movie with an image smaller than the image area on the screen?

Why not project on a wall for a few weeks to find out what *IS* comfortable then buy the screen.

Why not project on a wall for a few weeks to find out what *IS* comfortable then buy the screen.

Yes yes, definitely! :) First we buy the projector and then we actually plan to test it out against some light grey blocking curtains to try out different sizes. But I am already anticipating that even after such tests I'll still be wanting the 135" screen and my wife will still be wanting a smaller one :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom