1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How bad is the 3 network!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by JiMbOb_74, Jan 27, 2005.

1. JiMbOb_74

JiMbOb_74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wanted to share with everyone on here...

I only have 2 weeks left of my awful 3G contact with 3!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :clap:
    I am going to smash the phone and send a video of it to their awful customer services!!!

Anyone else had bad (or none) service from 3?
    :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

2. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    I've had 3 for 2 years now, never any problems
    (tho I've never been in a 3 area)

3. dealmaker

dealmaker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    3 and their atrocious customer "SERVICE" centre are a complete joke! I don't know anyone who has stayed with them - clueless!

4. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    THERE BAD :thumbsdow

5. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,007
    Had a 3 phone for 16 months,no problems at all.

6. EnigmaCode

EnigmaCode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    3 is BAD. stay well away from 3!! trust me!
    the phones and tariffs may well SEEM TO BE really cheap....but they are not. the tariffs actually work out more expensive than PAYG. the phones are almost always tied to the 3 networks so they practically force you to only have their media from their website on their phones. the phones always have many of their features crippled
    also, the 3 network is NOTORIOUS for dropped calls and poor signal.
    again, stay well away from 3! even vodafone are better....and that is really saying something.

7. brado

brado
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can a 3 phone be unlocked and used on any network?
    I was told by the local agent that the frequency used is different and would not work on any other network.
    I see that several are for sale on Ebay as supposedley unlocked. Perhaps this is why they are for sale. They are no good.
    Has anyone tried?

8. rogerio.arndt

rogerio.arndt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my Nokia 7600 on april of last year. A month later, the sim card got blocked. I called 3s customer service, they asked for all my details and they said my new sim card would be delivered to my home a week later. 2 weeks passed by and i called again. They said they didnt have my details, so i gave them again. I had to call them back 6 other times. :mad: On OCTOBER, after i unlocked my phone, changed networks and gave up about my replacing sim card, 3s sim card arrived. 5 MONTHS AFTER I FIRST CALLED THEM!

9. EnigmaCode

EnigmaCode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    hehe i completely forgot about their "customer service"( rumour has it, that thats what they call it :laugh: ). 3's customer sercive makes o2 customer service seem good. thats how bad it is.

10. sanjeev

sanjeev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    T - mobile have a pretty poor customer service so i wouldnt recomment them ! but vodafone were great! :thumbsup:

11. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    They have been fine for me over the past 6 months. Sometimes calls don't go through first time but that's about it.

12. ashhussain1989

ashhussain1989

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a friend of mine lives in east london and he ordered it in a store in east london and when he got it he discovered he can NO ABSOLUTELY NO reception so he tough t it was just his area but whereever in east london he went there was no reception so he rang them up and they said they don't cover east london so he said to them waht am i supposed to go out of east london do make a call? and they said well lookslike it!!!!!!!!

that was bad because they didn't even tell him on the time of purchase!!! but ive had it in cambridge i got two and no probs, ash

13. ramseyculdesac

ramseyculdesac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im into my second year as a 3 customer and whilst at first it was crap, the service has got loads better and i hardly ever go out of a service area, and not very often drop calls. The cost was the main reason for me to go with them and it has stayed fairly cheap throughout, as long as i dont download any videos or games fromthem. I agree with the customer service thing, was on the phone for bloody ages once trying to change my address then get a bill sent. Guess thats what happens when you put a call centre in a country where enlgish is a second language!

Apart from that, its alright, dont know of anyone who offers a cheaper service.

14. malariaboy

malariaboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    my wife had a 3 contract and i can honestly say that the customer service is abolutely appalling. to many reasons to list here but suffice to say it took the threat of court action for them to accept that i wasnt going to pay for a service that they werent providing. the phone has been boxed up now for 5 months awaiting collection from 3!. From my personal experience i wouldnt recommend 3 to my worst enemy .