How 3rd World is Sky Customer Service

vloothuis

Standard Member
How 3rd World is Sky Customer Service!!!

Wont go into too much detail, but in a nut shell.

Had sky + with multiroom installed.
Engineer did not connect phone line properly to multiroom.
Telephoned sky to complain who orgainsed for engineer to come back.
(Done this 3 times now and no engineer)

Called back Sky again and after being on the phone multiple times/hours and wanting to put me on hold again and did i mind???? :suicide:

I said yes.. You call me back... "Cant" was the reply. "We cant call out" fine I said e-mail me "Cant" was the reply. "We cant e-mail out". Do they not work in an office are you telling me no phones to dial out or e-mail out, where the customer services is the point, you would have thought they were permitted to contact clients to help them out and resolve issues. Or do you not trust your staff, in which case you should not have hired them in the first place.

I can certainly advise them on a few CRM systems they could use. But instead (and not the persons from Sky who took the call) lets make it stupidly difficult for the customer to meet their contractual agreements.......

Come on SKY wake up... and get your act together or are you afraid of what wrath may come... Lets see how customer friendly you are.

Jules

Distinguished Member
I don't get how they feel it is appropriate to charge a national rate phone call to contact them yet still fail to answer the phone for 30 minutes+.
I mean, their customers are already paying alot of money for a non-essential service.
My last experience of Sky's customer service (when I eventually got to speak to someone),was a very frustrating experience.

I have since bought a Topfield Freeview PVR and cancelled Sky and I know lots of people who have also reached, or are near to reaching, their tolerance limit of Sky's arrogance and expense.

Someone will probably quote sales forecasts to prove the contrary, but I think Sky is going to find the next 12 months very difficult as once loyal customers wake up to these facts, and switch to one of the the ever growing crop of decent freeview PVRs.

Heinz

Novice Member
I don't get how they feel it is appropriate to charge a national rate phone call to contact them yet still fail to answer the phone for 30 minutes+.
But that's the point.

(1). It's not 'national rate' (it's disguised premium rate);

(2). They do answer - then keep you on hold so they're 'earning' money (from you) whilst you sit and fume.

GMT

Novice Member
But that's the point.

(1). It's not 'national rate' (it's disguised premium rate);

(2). They do answer - then keep you on hold so they're 'earning' money (from you) whilst you sit and fume.

iv had no problems with skys technical services.
mind you i aint had many technical problems with sky at all.

just have to remain calm with folk on the other end of the phone.
how would you like someone phoning you at your house and shouting at you for something which is not their fault?

thats the way i look at it all.

and i cant see any company keeping folk on hold just to earn money. sky earn enough money as it is.
the national rate number is the only problem i have with sky.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom