1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How ´bout the new Sharp LC-32BV6E

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by o27, Aug 17, 2005.

1. o27

o27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Been looking for a great 32" LCD for the past months. I was almost set on the Samsung LE_32R51B but but but then i just stumlbed across the new sharp Aquos LC-32BV6E (http://www.sharp.de/presse/prmentry.php?id=162&prmid=33) and i must confess the design has greater appeal to both me and the missus :thumbsup:

I know that Sharp has a very good reputation for their LCD - except for the GA5E model.

So will this tv been as good or better than the Samsung? The price in Germany is almost the same.

Ohh and btw if you guys stumble across some additional test/reviews etc - please do post´´ em here :smashin:

2. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    At a guess, I'd say this is the European version of the UK GA6 coming soon. If that's black, and the GA6 is too, then it does look sweet. Mind you the Titanium GD1 I'm using is lovely looking also. I'm all silvered out, and have been for over a year. Silver cars and silver fridges and silver this that and the bloody other - it's nice to see something different, and thank God Sharp (and JVC) where the first (that I recall) to break ranks.

Anyway, assuming that is the GA6, I'd imagine it'd be probably as good, if not a touch better than the GD1, which s being replaced this month also, by the GD7. Still keeping the Titanium colour.

I've only see the Samsung in-store, and it looked farily good, but then again, I've see the GA5 in-store only too, and most times it was....well.....pathetic. You really need to dial back most of the settings on the Sharp to obtain a good image, and keep most of the extras off too.
    One thing I have noticed (and I don't know if it's Sharp specific) is that the white level is quite in your face, even with brightness and backlight reduced. Depending on the channel (NTL analog or digital) highlights are blown. A bit more fiddling may fix that, but then, maybe not.

JVC's DS 6 is doing well apparently on the review circuit - awaiting my turn! - as is the Hitachi 7200. Current "champ" is reckoned to be the DX500 from Panasonic, but it doesn't have manual backlight adjustment - only auto, which I wouldn't trust implicitely to be properly calibrated on all sets leaving the factory. So, since there's little between the JVC and Panny otherwise, the former may be the better option.

Depending on budget, you could look at the Loewe - 30% owned by Sharp, and using Sharp panels with their own electronics driving them. Not the cheapest thing since sliced bread, but if aesthetics play a part in your decision, well, they are the average Joe's B&O equivalent.

3. TarMoo

TarMoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
  4. o27

o27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    well it sure looks like it´s the same TV as the GA6E - only difference i´ve come up with is that the GA6E is all silver and the BV6E is all black.

Anyone knows if the speaker are detachable?

5. mr-monday

mr-monday

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Oops wrong thread.