House (TBA)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Sean S. Cunningham (Friday the 13th) is developing a reboot of the 1986 fun horror film House that he originally produced and was directed by Steve Miner.

The new version will be a modern retelling with a few changes, he would like an actress in the mould of Kristen Wiig or Melissa McCarthy to lead it.

Sean S. Cunningham;
I’m doing it right now. We are deeply in development. We worked on [a new] HOUSE about four or five years ago and determined that the structure of [the original] is extremely strong and that just remaking it in modern times wasn’t going to improve it and wasn’t going to change it. It would have to be rethought, and there had to be a really good reason to do it.”

Recently we came up with—and it sounds so obvious—what if we made a gender switch, so that it’s not a man in the house?

Although they’re not involved, imagine HOUSE starring Kristen Wiig or Melissa McCarthy. It wouldn’t be either one of them… well, it could; I mean, that’s a dream. But suddenly we realized, oh wait, then everything would have to adjust. And also, if we did it that way, it would bring back the fun that HOUSE had. So that’s the direction I’m committed to going in. I would love to make that movie, and I hope to be able to keep all the elements of the personal story from the Bill Katt version and still have it be fun.”

Why does everything suddenly have to star Kristen Wiig and Mellisa McCarthy? They're like the female versions of Chris Pratt! Why not Allesandra Daddario in this remake/boot/imagining?

Why does everything suddenly have to star Kristen Wiig and Mellisa McCarthy? They're like the female versions of Chris Pratt! Why not Allesandra Daddario in this remake/boot/imagining?
Just see Baywatch instead mate.

Kristen Wiig is lovely:blush: and Melissa McCarthy is funny.

Daddario, well, she just got upgraded to one of my colleagues wallpaper at work:D Fantastic eyes:thumbsup:

Fond memories of the wacky original.

I saw the original of this at the cinema in my teens, was a real laugh. I can only imagine they'll CGI the death out of this and it wont look as good. So, theyve waited years to do this cos they couldnt find good enough reason until now, WOW...switching the lead to a female...total genius pmsl.

I saw the original of this at the cinema in my teens, was a real laugh. I can only imagine they'll CGI the death out of this and it wont look as good. So, theyve waited years to do this cos they couldnt find good enough reason until now, WOW...switching the lead to a female...total genius pmsl.

I wonder where they got that idea from? ;)

As long as they also do the superior sequel. Not an issue with it. They could even get John Ratzenberger back for it.

wasn't that George Wendt, the other guy from Cheers?

One was in House, the other was in House 2.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom