Question House renovation - AV setup - Sanity check?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by parmsuk, Oct 2, 2016.

1. parmsuk

parmsuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

We are in the process of a home renovation. This forum been excellent source of info but just wanted a quick sanity check of the plan. I have attached drawing to help.

The plan is to get a 4x4 matrix installed into central room (NODE 0) which will house all equipment apart from the AV receiver and PS4.

FAMILY ROOM (6 x 4m)

• 5.1 speaker setup
    • Main TV room
    • LCD 46" TV
    • Projecter (to be purchased)
    • PS4 - connected to AMP (optical only) and HDMI output to NODE 0 via HDMI extender.
    • AV AMP
    • SONUS CONNECT - connected to AMP
    • FIRE TV - connected to AMP
    • FLOATING WALL DESIGN with units below to house the AMP and PS4 -

DINING ROOM and KITCHEN

• 2 PAIRS of ceiling speaker (wires run back to NODE 0) - SONUS CONNECT AMP

LIVING ROOM (next door to family room (drywall partition only) - (6 x 4m)

• LCD 46" TV
    • FIRE TV
    • CEILING SPEAKERS X 2 (wires run back to NODE 0) - SONUS CONNECT AMP
    BEDROOM MASTER

• LCD 46" TV
    • FIRE TV
    BEDROOM 2, BEDROOM 3 and 4 (WIRING IN PLACE)
    • 2 COAX FEEDS
    • 3 CAT 6

OTHER INFO
    All TV points have 2 x COAX cables, 3 x CAT6 cables in place.

AV unit (e.g. IKEA besta - low down on planned floating wall will have 2 network points behind it. one for sending PS4 signal back to node 0 via HDMI extender. The other will be used for a local switch to share internet to AMP, PS4, FIRE TV.

QUESTIONS

1. Using the AV AMP to take the input from the MATRIX to distribute video to both TV and Projector. Will this work?

2. PS4 used as blu ray and gaming. Will the audio setup using 5.1 for both TV and projector work okay. I am also want to ensure I get the best audio compatibility when watching sources in the Family room i.e. DTS etc.

3. PS4 will be used in the family room and potentially next door in the living room. The wall is just stud work between living room and family room so controllers tested are working fine. However, planning to have an HDMI extender to send the output back to NODE0 to then distribute to living room. Is there an alternative? distance between living room TV and PS4 will be around 16m if I was to run any sort of cable.

4. Can anyone see any problems I may encounter?

5. Any other suggestions will be welcomed.

Kind Regards,

AJ[​IMG]

2. Member 581642

Member 581642
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,501
    1. Yes, that should be ok

2. Optical doesnt carry HD audio but for DTS is hould be fine, not sure you even need this except for the reasons mentioned at point 4

3. Thats quite a neat way of achieving what you are doing

4. You need to consider the audio capabilities of the other rooms as HDMI can only carry one audio stream at a time, so if you have a source set to 5.1 DTS then you need to ensure that all other rooms can handle this as well or you run the risk of no sound in the other zones if they are accessing the same source.

Seb