House MD Seaon 1 DVD (R2)

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seen a quick glimpse in an add break that this is now out on R2 DVD.

Thought i'd wait to see what the R2 was like after mixed reviews of the R1.

Just checked Play to discover it's £37:eek: :mad: and listed as 4:3:rolleyes:

Does anyone have any more concrete details yet.

Totally brilliant show which I must own on DVD when somebody finally gets round to releasing a decent version:rolleyes:

Hi,

I've heard that the R2 (UK) release is indeed 4:3, full-frame. There's no widescreen prints it would appear. Very bad move by Universal, the distributors! :thumbsdow

Pooch

PoochJD said:
Hi,

I've heard that the R2 (UK) release is indeed 4:3, full-frame. There's no widescreen prints it would appear. Very bad move by Universal, the distributors! :thumbsdow

Pooch

THe boxes on display in Woolworths didn't even give the number of episodes or total running time. At their price of 39.99 it makes a difference to me if there are say 12 episodes rather than 22.

Anyone know how many episodes in Series 1?

Cheers, Dave C.

I think the DVD relase on both R2 and R1 has been pretty poor.
On both sets the dvds are fliper discs which can be a problem for damage to the discs. At least the R1 is wide screen even if it is not Anamorphic. There is just no excuse for the R2 set to be 4.3 at all.:thumbsdow

Dave-S said:
There is just no excuse for the R2 set to be 4.3 at all.:thumbsdow

Absolutely.

Shocking disgrace:mad: :mad: :mad:

Might as well wait for a HD release ***:rolleyes:

Good god:eek:

While the R1 is a very nice release all things considered I did expect the R2 edition not to make the same mistakes although obviously for a higher price.

Just rented disc 1 of the six-disc R2 set (no this version is not double-sided - so it will cost me twice as much on my payg rentals!)

Yes it's 4:3 although the sound is 5.1

Seen the pilot so far. Is the picture quality meant to be like this? It's very washed out and all the people look orange. At one point House even tells a patient that they look orange but the patient looked the same as all the other characters to me.

I hope they fix this in the later episodes. Not hopeful.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom