House Extension/renovation

ed2708

Novice Member
  1. Hey folks

am just in the process of extending and renovating my house. As its a complete shell at present I asked to get a quote from an audio/visual company and they've recommended the following.

With regards to wiring the house I would like the supply and installation of a terrestrial aerial system via 8 way RF distribution amplifier, installation of a sky satellite dish, distribute 2 x Sky TV receivers and CCTV over HDMI 4 x 4 way Matrix to the living room, kitchen day room, master bedroom and bedroom 4, provision for coax aerial points for digital TV.
    Various network points as listed and a High definition CCTV system with 3 external 3mp CCTV cameras located in agreed positions, CCTV will be set up for viewing locally on TV screens and for remote viewing via Android or Apple devices.

Sky receivers, Matrix, CCTV recorder and ancillary equipment to be housed in a data cabinet in an agreed location. Im thinking under the stairs would be a good location here.

In the Lounge, Kitchen/Living Room, Master Bedroom and Bedroom 4 I want an M Hub HDMI receiver over single Cat 6E, Cat 6E point (Smart TV) and an aerial point.

Bedroom 3 I want an aerial point and a Twin Cat 6E Network Point.

Also in Bedroom 4 and in the Lounge I want an HDMI socket and cable in wall for games console etc to TV.

Does this sound sensible? Or is it a bit overkill or underkill?

I basically just want the TVs on the wall with no boxes etc and be able to watch what I want.

Would appreciate some opinions/suggestions/experiences on this sort of thing?

Also wondering about

2. 1. File Server or NAS
    2. XBMC
    3. Gigabit Switch
    4. DVR Anywhere

My guy is talking about NVR and says DVR is old hat now???

Thanks

Ed

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom