• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

House Building Tips

Tom Tom

Prominent Member
I had BT round yesterday and they said my telephone cable was dead, so they replaced it and put in a new one.

The trouble is the drilled the hole from the inside out, and I now have a hole outside I need to fill.

(They filled it with silly cone:)facepalm:) but the surround is the plaster)

For the inside of the house where the old phone point used to be I will just use polyfilla, then sand it down and paint it. (Its hidden behind a curtain anyway)

But outside what should I use, and whats the best way to make it look great again. We just had the front of the house rebuilt and re-painted and it was looking great. (Looking to sell soon), So we need it to be its best again.

But not a huge DIY person, and have no idea what I should use on the outside.

Thanks
Tom

Showoff

Distinguished Member
Assuming that the hole has a wire coming out of it, search Google for "brick blowout cover" I think you can get these on ebay, but I can't check at the moment as work blocks it. Not ideal, but better than a messy broken brick.

See a few images down this LINK

Last edited:

Tom Tom

Prominent Member
Assuming that the hole has a wire coming out of it, search Google for "brick blowout cover" I think you can get these on ebay, but I can't check at the moment as work blocks it. Not ideal, but better than a messy broken brick.

See a few images down this LINK

Will look at that but the trouble is they have already put the cable in so I have no end to put it on first. The hole may even be a little bigger than a standard cover, but will go on ebay and get one and see if I can do most of the job with it.

Thanks

Tom

Showoff

Distinguished Member
You don't put an end through first they are just like this _/\_ if you look at the profile.

shodan

Distinguished Member
Or call them up, tell them of the damage caused and inform them they are to come back this week to make it good.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom