• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

House aeriel essential for sky?

Jon Boy

Established Member
Hi guys , just a quick question for you.

I'm just about to move everything round in my lounge. I want to move my t.v and skybox to another corner of the room but this corner doesnt have an aeriel socket. At the moment the sky box has the aeriel lead connected to it but if i move the t.v ill have to get rid of it!
Will this effect it in anyway? I wouldnt have thought it was doing anything as all the signal and reception is off the dish? I unplugged the aeriel and nothing happened so can i just do away with it?

Many thanks

Jon

P.S - I could do with a quick reply so whoever answers the question first will receive a bag of skittles , two tubes of smarties and a bag of apple jacks :smashin:

Starburst

Distinguished Member
You only need an aerial if you need an analogue or digital terrestrial source, for SKY you only need the dish connection.
When you record SKY what do you watch?
If it's analogue ITV or BBC for example then you will need the aerial.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom