• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hours of use....could/would they be reset when buying a refurbished Panasonic plasma?

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
I'm setting up a Panny plasma for my mum that she got from a company that deals in refurb TV's and according to the service menu it's only done about 70 hours which seems pretty good to me. I realise it may have been a customer return (as I hoped it might be) but looking at it I would have guessed it was ex-display. So my question is, if the TV was refurbed by Panasonic themselves, is it possible that the usage counter could have been reset by them? I don't want her to keep it if in actual fact it's been sitting in a shop on demo settings for 10 hours a day!

Anyone in the know got any idea about this? Thanks

mgb77

As far as I know you cannot reset the time counter.
If you do a full reset via 2 buttons everything get factory defaults including the ownerid but not the timer.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom