• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

hotmail email

tcgills

Standard Member
Set up email sent an email to my wii from my hotmail account but when i return the email to my hotmail address it never gets there, has anyone else tried sending an email from their wii to there hotmail address :confused:

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
yea i've had lots of trouble emailing my wii from hotmail and V-V
one had appeared in the junkmail at one point the others werent getting thru, then one time i sent another via my pda (still same email) and it flushed aload thru. still wont keep my light lit up tho :(

D

Deleted member 380232

because hotmail is useless for junk mail filters - I wish you could turn it off.

Dickyd

Set up email sent an email to my wii from my hotmail account but when i return the email to my hotmail address it never gets there, has anyone else tried sending an email from their wii to there hotmail address :confused:

How long have you waited for it? Nintendo messaging servers have got some serious delays at the moment, for obvious reasons.

Having said that I too have had several messages that have just not turned up even days later. I think there is a fair amount of content filtering going on at the Nitendo servers and unless the e-mail is formatted exactly as the Wii can accept it the mail just gets dropped - does not even get bounced back to sender.

Also the Wii will only work with "real" e-mail addresses as part of it's authentication process - it seems to be doing reverse lookups on addresses to check the authenticity of the sender - Any type of e-mail alias or e-mail forwarding and again the Nintendo servers just ignore. So security compliance with the Wii messaging is very strict. Makes sense I suppose.

tcgills

Standard Member
It seems a shame that your wii email address is such a long number which makes it so hard to remember it would be nice if you could change it to something that could be remembered, like hotmail where you make the first part of the email yourself

garreth64

how do you set up an email address for your Wii? I seem to remember it asked as part of the setup but I skipped over it, and I cant see anything in the setup screens to do this?

Dickyd

how do you set up an email address for your Wii? I seem to remember it asked as part of the setup but I skipped over it, and I cant see anything in the setup screens to do this?

The e-mail address is pre-defined based on the consoles Wii Number (code) which you will find on the first page of the address book in the message channel. It takes the format of w****************@wii.com where * is the Wii number.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom