"Hotkit" bad experience - please read

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jimmylad, Sep 17, 2002.

1. jimmylad

jimmylad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been awaiting the SonySTRDE685 to come out for a while now & whilst I was in Nottingham this afternoon I called in at Hotkit to see if they had any.

( Before I go any further I would like to point out that I had e-mailed them a few weeks ago regarding a price match with Robert Whyte Ltd for this amp & the 835ed speakers and they e-mailed me back a reply saying that they were more than willing to price match Robert Whyte's price of £618 --- 199 for the amp & 419 for the speakers which was £50 cheaper than Hotkit's web site was offering)

Hotkit had the speakers in @ 449 & I said will you price match this with RW @ 399 & he said no way. He didn't belive that they were being sold for 399 so we checked the RW website on the internet & he said that "these people are dodgy & cowboys" (His words not mine) & that they cant be genuine speakers!!!

I then mentioned the e-mail I had previously sent and the agreed price of 419 for the speakers & he would't even honour that!

To cut a long story short I walked out the shop.

What peed me off was the fact that Hotkit had agreed by e-mail (copies of this e-mail is available to forward on) to 618 for the lot & when I called in to pick it up ( Yes they did have an amp in) he wanted to charge me 449 + 219 = 668. I stood in his shop with 1k in cash in my pockets & he lost a sale. I was desperate for the kit but not from this outfit. No way.

Robert Whyte will be getting the money now. So be careful of what you are promised in an e-mail.

Jim

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I take it you didn't take a copy of the email in with you.

Still bad practice though

3. jimmylad

jimmylad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't have a copy on me. I called on the off chance.