Hotbird and astra - can you dual record?

lordvader

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting rid of my annoying skyhd box and going for a setup that can receive Hotbird and astra.

I think this is a fairly obvious answer bit thought I would check first.

If I brought a twin tuner box I take it there is no way to be about to dual record on a single sat?

Ie watch a program on Hotbird and record at the same time? Or do I need a quad tuner to be able to do this?

2 LNB outputs each from 28.2e and 13e into 1 diseqc switch per tuner will allow you to record any combination of 2 channels.

2 LNB outputs each from 28.2e and 13e into 1 diseqc switch per tuner will allow you to record any combination of 2 channels.

Can you point me in the right direction for the right diseqc switch

Any will do. I got one from Amazon for a few £s

Yes, any will do, but they're mostly 4-way, so get a 2-way.

Ooooft!!, Need to lay of the cider (And no not "Old English"), If its mostly four way switches that are out there then just buy two, you might expand at a later date;) lol

Last edited:
Surely needs 2 disecq switches.
13e to switch 1
28.2e to switch 1
Switch 1 into lnb input 1
13e to switch 2
28.2e to switch 2
Switch 2 into lnb input 2

Of course you could put 28.2e on one tuner and a motor on the other. :D

Of course you could put 28.2e on one tuner and a motor on the other. :D

I had a motor on Tuner A and a switch with 13,19,23 & 28.2E on tuner B :), but now after moving house and putting in a new rig I only have a motorised and a quad :(

Yes though I would need 2 disecq switches.

I am correct in my thinking I can do both sats off 1 dish if I get an 80cm dish?

Should be fun for me as never done this before or gone looking for different satellites....off to find a decent sat finder/guide

Yes, a 80cm is fine mate.

Dish size depends on location. If you're well inside Sky's zone 1 you can do it on a zone 2 Sky dish. Do consider the motor instead though there's so much more up there, particularly fta/feeds.

I am correct in my thinking I can do both sats off 1 dish if I get an 80cm dish?
Unless you're in some very awkward location a smaller one than that will be fine.

Ok I will look into just getting a sky zone 2 dish.

Any recommendations on a bracket to mount 2 lnb's with?

Ok I will look into just getting a sky zone 2 dish.

Any recommendations on a bracket to mount 2 lnb's with?

The wee cheapo rail that alot of forum members have got off ebay for about £8 is a popular choice, theres also mod jobs like mine in this pic that used the Inverto Multiconnect, but that was a costly "mess about", Triax TD bracket can be made to fit and is really professional looking finished.

Inverto:
IMAG0988.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom