Hotbird 13E transponder tuning problem

Hasp

Novice Member
Hello all.

I have ran into an issue which has never come across before regarding a frequency that I cannot tune into my zgemma h2s STB.
I have a 80cm dish with a universal LNB pointing at 13E. Underneath this is a sky dish pointing towards 28.2E. These are connected via a Technomate TM-25 diseqc switch. All channels can be tuned in apart from the following frequency:
Hotbird 13E: 12558 V 8PSK 27500 5/6 DVB-S2

Other channels with DVB -S2 and 8PSK can be tuned in.
The channels within this TP have recently moved to this new one, which is why I am attempting to retune.

My other property also has the same set up and this frequency cannot also be tuned onto the same STB. The image installed is OpenVix.
If any of you kind people have their dish pointed towards 13E in the North West of the UK, please can you check to see if this frequency scans onto your STBs.

Or if anyone has suggestions as to what the issue could be, I would be open to this.

Thanks in advance.

Monster900

Unfortunately, this isn't going to be very helpful, but I am able to tune to that frequency on my Tiviar Alpha Plus box also running OpenVix.

World of Satellite have a forum for OpenVix, it may be worth asking the question there if you don't get an answer here.

Milnrow_Lad

Standard Member
Hi there HASP.

I have had similar issues with this transponder. I am located north of England near Rochdale.

I had a FortecStar Lifetime sat receiver. Thought it was at fault because signals were weak etc on that transponder. It was getting old so decided to replace it.

Now installed a Amiko SHD8140CXE. This has exactly the same problems with the same transponder on 12558V. From the receiver Signal Strength is 90% and quality is very low (hovering around 40 -50%) compared to other transponders. Not changed the dish (old Sky 70cm mesh), LNB unknown but is Universal type. I am using a Spaun DISEQC 4 way switch.

No probs with any other transponders on thsi or other satellites 28 and 19 and 9.

Any suggestions welcome as I wish to watch the channels on this transponder....

May try changing the LNB as its about 15 years old now....

MilnrowLad

Milnrow_Lad

Standard Member
Also found this on another forum: Satellite Television Channels

UNFORTUNATELY,THE SIGNAL OF THE NEW TRANSPONDER 92/(12558 V) IS VERY WEAK IN WESTERN GERMANY. WE HOPE YOU CAN FIX THIS ISSUE. WE MISSED THE QURAN TV & SUNNA TV. THE ADJACENT TRANSPONDER 93/(12576 H) HAS THE SAME SPECIFICATIONS (FOOTPRINTS), BUT IT WORKS FINE.

It seems that the signal strength may be to blame......?

Hasp

Novice Member
I have been advised to check the lnb skew angle. Needs to be -11.1 degrees. Haven't got around to doing this yet but will let you guys know if this fixes it. I will be properly realigning the dish at the same time.

If anyone finds a solution, please keep me updated.

Thanks

Hi there HASP.

I have had similar issues with this transponder. I am located north of England near Rochdale.

I had a FortecStar Lifetime sat receiver. Thought it was at fault because signals were weak etc on that transponder. It was getting old so decided to replace it.

Now installed a Amiko SHD8140CXE. This has exactly the same problems with the same transponder on 12558V. From the receiver Signal Strength is 90% and quality is very low (hovering around 40 -50%) compared to other transponders. Not changed the dish (old Sky 70cm mesh), LNB unknown but is Universal type. I am using a Spaun DISEQC 4 way switch.

No probs with any other transponders on thsi or other satellites 28 and 19 and 9.

Any suggestions welcome as I wish to watch the channels on this transponder....

May try changing the LNB as its about 15 years old now....

MilnrowLad
You do not have a mesh dish (they are not used on these frequency bands) - you have a PERFORATED DISH - (too many suppliers on ebay, Amazon etc misdescribe these dishes.) Mesh dishes have a lot larger holes and mostly do actually look like meshes. Secondly it is NOT a Sky dish )if 70cm) Sky have only ever fittedoval type smaller dishess. The dish may have been installed either for analogue Sky OR later for digital by an independant installer (certainly neither of these by Sky installers)

Milnrow_Lad

Standard Member
HASP point taken about perforated Vs mesh dish . You are you using the correct terminology. It is perforated........ It is certainly not less than 70cm, but could be 80cm. My memory now fails me .....

I also have a 1m solid dish stored away - but her indoors would throw a fit if I tried to install that now......Its safely stored away in the shed for another day!

The dish is an old analogue days install by independent -- now centered (main lnb on 13) with other LNBS at 9 and 19, the 4th input to the diseqc switch from a separate dish at 28. The diseqc was replaced recently because the previous one failed.

I will check / try skew options when the weather improves. It is certainly signal strength / quality of signal on that transponder that is causing the issues.

Hasp

Novice Member
I have tried realigning the dish, tried a brand new LNB with the correct skew with all the other channels receiving a very strong signal. Unfortunately this TP is still not able to be tuned into the box. The signal it gives off must be very weak. Surely there is somebody to report this to?

I have tried realigning the dish, tried a brand new LNB with the correct skew with all the other channels receiving a very strong signal. Unfortunately this TP is still not able to be tuned into the box. The signal it gives off must be very weak. Surely there is somebody to report this to?
Yes - the Saudi Broadcasting Authority - if they intend these channels to be received in your lcations

Milnrow_Lad

Standard Member
For what its worth I have dropped Saudi Broadcasting Authority an email with some details about receiving their broadcasts on Hotbird

I am not holding my breath

MilnrowLad

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Physical Discs?, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon
Top Bottom