1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Hot" whites and the AE100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by wolfe, Dec 22, 2002.

1. wolfe

wolfe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Can anyone point me in the right direction to adjust the white level on my AE100?
    I have an HTPC driving the projector and cant seem to find anything that will apply a colour balance "globally" to all output.
    I'd just like to reduce the white level 10% or so....I already have the AE100 in its lower light output mode but still it gets a bit fierce for me!

Your comments, as always, are highly valued!

Wolfe

PS Happy Xmas to youse all:)

2. pinkerton

pinkerton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Maybe you have the gamma setting to high?
    Pretty sure it can be adjusted on the AE100 try reducing it slightly.

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    Don't recall a gamma setting on the ae100 but I suspect teh picture modes are some sort of custom curve remap ( I don't use them).

You should have a gamma adjustment on your overlay settings : also ensure you hven't clipped the whites by messing with the overlay settings contrast control in addition to the ae100 settings. (I run theatertek with the scoped settings for my hardware/OS config and this simplifies things enormously: no harsh whites : well harsher than video already is)