Hot Water Dispensers

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
How do people feel about these over normal kettles ?

I have been thinking about moving over to one of these for a while but not sure if / how much better they are than a kettle.

Bal

Wouldn't be without our Quooker tap. So much more convenient than a kettle and as we have the combi version as well as boiling water we have hot water too via our normal kitchen tap.

Zincubus

We had a choice of one of them in our new kitchen but I didn't trust myself with one :)

I mix my left and right up at best of times and I'm always getting the hot and cold taps mixed up as it is so the thought of nuclear temp water coming out of the sink taps was a non- starter .
We've also got our young grand daughter to consider as well ...

Much better with kettles IMHO .

Bal

You have a dedicated tap for the boiling water so next to no chance of getting confused. Even the combined ones are pretty much foolproof and kid proof

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Isn't a bit like having a kettle sort of permanently on the boil?

This is a genuine question not a dig.
We probably put the kettle on about 8 times a day.
I can see how a Quooker would be slighter more convenient but surely the running cost must be high?

Bal

Pretty sure the quooker works out cheaper... As the water is stored under pressure not much energy is needed to keep it at boiling temp. Google it for more details

MSW

Distinguished Member
Best thing we bought for our kithchen

We have this one HC1100 Instant Hot and Cold Water Tap - InSinkErator UK

It's set about 1m away form the main sink and tap (right underneath cupboard with cups, tea coffe etc) with a small 15 x 30 sink. Works a treat having 2 sinks and taps as our kitchen is not big enough for two full size sinks set away from each other.

The heating tank underneath the worktop takes up half of the cupboard space below and, I guess if it is to be positioned under your main sink it could get in the way a bit, what with waste disposal and the usual additional waste pipes that tend to be place near the raising main / mail waste outlets I.e. dish washer, washing machine (unless you have utility room of course).

Mark

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
No chance of going the tap route unless I get lucky in the lotto.

We also live in a hard water area so all water we use for drinks is filtered.

avp

Previously PPP
We've got a Zip Hydrotap G4. It has the option to set an on/off/sleep schedule to save power. Wasn't bothered about getting one but we had a new kitchen fitted so decided to put one in. Now we wouldn't be without one.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
and twice the price of the £600 mentioned above.

Hot water taps are great, but if you like tea, avoid.

Nearly all of them do not dispense 100 degrees, and at best are around 96.

Many of my clients have them fitted and when they make me a cuppa, its not good.

Fine for instant coffee though.

Bal

I agree that's why I went with the quooker... You need 100 degrees for tea.. I measure it regularly to make sure it's still doing what it should.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom