Quantcast

Hot Tub Time Machine Blu-ray Review

The News Bot

News Supplying Robot
Reviewed by Alan Paterson, 7th January 2011.
‘Hot Tub Time Machine’ is available on UK Region free Blu-ray with a good looking 1080p AVC/MPEG-4 transfer framed in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio. A warm colour scheme, strong contrast and sharp image make this pleasing to the eye. The DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround track makes a good playground for the 1980’s music while the centre weighted dialogue ensures you catch all the gags, such as they are. Both the theatrical and extended version of the movie are included on the Blu-ray, while extras are made up of deleted scenes and bite sized promo pieces. The movie, about four friends transported back through time to 1986 by an errant hot tub might appeal to fans of American ‘gross out’ humour. Others might prefer to watch something else.

Read the full review...

toddy28

I watched this a couple of weeks ago with 3 mates and some beers and it was a laugh.
wouldn't buy the film but as a rent it's ok the review makes it sound a lot worse then it really is

BRW

Novice Member
Shame, I was sorta looking forward to this, been a while since Cusack's done anything good. By the sounds of it, this isn't going to change that trend...

Casnewydd

Standard Member
It's a great film to watch when you've had a few, nice little laugh with mates around but not really one to watch too often and sober!

kbfern

Distinguished Member
I had this on Blu as a lovefilm rental this week and after 15 mins turned it off as I found it very poor,I had not had a drink at the time though:D