Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's definitely coming!!! :D

Finally some pics are knocking about from a Japanese magazine showing the Batman / Returns Batmobile...

190902j2kfjflr0bkczglz.jpg

191125vkkslvjoblikko8o.jpg

191117fdj5dyytbzvjizar.jpg

Looking awesome
Looks perfectly scaled.

Very tempted depending on the price would make an amazing display.

Neil

Last edited:
I think it was only a matter of time. I do really hope they make a good job of it, looks like they have from those pics, not that i will be buying it but it is great to see all the pictures of the various displays the forum members have :cool:

Did you guys not see the in hand pics/videos of it at Comic Con? It's been definitely coming for ages now :p

I'd love to get one but simply have no idea where I'd display it (it's hardly going to fit in a detolf is it :laugh: )

Did you guys not see the in hand pics/videos of it at Comic Con? It's been definitely coming for ages now :p

I'd love to get one but simply have no idea where I'd display it (it's hardly going to fit in a detolf is it :laugh: )

Not if its any similar length to the Tumbler.
That beast was 3ft x 2ft!! Massive!

Damn! Awesome!!! :clap::clap:I love the classic Batmobile.:smashin::thumbsup: And I cannot go into collecting Batman! :(

Am I right in thinking they only made 500 Tumblers? This is going to be tough to get me thinks :(

Am I right in thinking they only made 500 Tumblers? This is going to be tough to get me thinks :(

500 seems unlikely to me, I don't think we'll have any problem getting one of these when they're finally up for pre-order

Anyone remember how much the Tumbler originally was?

Do you think it would give a reasonable indication of the price 1989 mobile will be or do you think it will undoubtably cost a good bit more?

Anyone remember how much the Tumbler originally was?

Do you think it would give a reasonable indication of the price 1989 mobile will be or do you think it will undoubtably cost a good bit more?

I paid £300 to get mine from Play,but it went for £450 at Forbidden Planet.

Seeing as some figures are above the £300 mark now I can't imaging that this will be any cheaper than £500

Hmm, £500 would the absolute maximum for me.

I've already told the missus it'll probably be around the £350 mark, lol. :suicide:

Hmm, £500 would the absolute maximum for me.

I've already told the missus it'll probably be around the £350 mark, lol. :suicide:

Dunno how i will get this one past the missus as well as the 2 1989 figures.Gonna cost close to £1k for the lot!

I know you shouldn't judge prototypes too harshly but this looks a bit.............cheap, no?:confused:

180.jpg

333.jpg

518.jpg

Especially back here, just looks like a plastic shell with a few plastic bits tacked on.
I mean, I know that's litterally what they are but this thing's going to be a lot of money.

715.jpg

It'll obviously depend on how the finished product is but it doesn't look like there's a whole lot to this if it is around the £400 mark. Was the car not darker and glossier too?

Right now I'm right on the fence with whether to get his one or Tumbler re-release. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I know you shouldn't judge prototypes too harshly but this looks a bit.............cheap, no?:confused:

Especially back here, just looks like a plastic shell with a few plastic bits tacked on.
I mean, I know that's litterally what they are but this thing's going to be a lot of money.

It'll obviously depend on how the finished product is but it doesn't look like there's a whole lot to this if it is around the £400 mark. Was the car not darker and glossier too?

Right now I'm right on the fence with whether to get his one or Tumbler re-release. :rolleyes:

I agree mate....the tumbler cost me £300 and that had more too it in terms of design so going off that reasoning, i would hope that this is round the same price (I hope)

In Batman Returns it was really dark and very glossy. 89 was more mat

True but the look at the moment is definately too plasticy.

I'm sure it'll be improved greatly. I just hope the price isn't astronomical.

I have the original Tumbler and I will be getting this as I am sure the production model will be better than the prototype

Just in case there's some of you that haven't seen this from last years Comic Con (credit to pitu for the vid, great lad)

This is the version I have.

I was actually watching the Blu-Ray of Batman the other day, afterwards I watched the extras and one of my favourite bits is a 10 minute documentary with the builders of the Batmobile. If you have the Blu-Ray, stick it in and watch that bit.
An interesting point is originally Ford wanted to make the new Batmobile, but wanted over a year to do it, fortunately WB needed it faster so a group of Brits put the now famous version together in 12 weeks.

I was in Dubai last christmas (yeah the christmas when all the aiports closed due to snowfall:facepalm: but got there in the end).

Visited the Dubai mall while there and what happened to be on show was... the 1989 Batmobile!

These are the pictures I took with a new cam I just bought so I apologise that the first two came out too dark, but I got third on the right settings, had I known about the Hot Toys one I would have taken a lot more to compare.

batmobile1.jpg

batmobile2.jpg

batmobile3.jpg

someone has a vid of it on youtube, I was told it was sold to a Saudi prince for his classic car collection.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom