Hot toys Hulk reveal

Inked

Distinguished Member
From Facebook.

Hulk looks awesome and apparently has separate rolling eyeballs (if it's PERS that'll put the price up!), Really not loving the idea of rubber arms though.

image-49682917.jpg

image-944413784.jpg

image-327525968.jpg

image-1468097204.jpg

image-443103188.jpg

image-2321294539.jpg

image-2527604499.jpg

image-3000651348.jpg

Last edited:

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
I love the sculpt & size he looks like he'll be a perfect fit size wise but a big pass for me.

With the current price increases & the total lack of anything resembling accessories this will be way out of my price range.

I'm definitely giving up the HT hobby after DX11 & 12...well I might buy Robocop yet but I'll wait & see ;)
The cost is just getting too close to Statues these days & I'd rather get into them instead.

He does look great though & I'll look forward to seeing everyone's pics & their completed Avengers Displays when he arrives :)

Neil

Mkm

Biggest issues still remain for me; ugly joints (though maybe I'm getting more used to them) and the rubber elbows. It's curious that they don't show much range in their movement, I wonder if that's a limitation of the material they've used or perhaps their recommended movement range to minimise stressing the material?

The HS looks great, though it's disappointing that it's the only one you get - just a pair of hands accessory wise, no stand either.

Still, he's looking better than I was expecting, but still a likely pass for me unless its price is somehow amazing value and makes it impossible to pass up ;-)

Inked

Distinguished Member
I think it is likely to be around the £225 mark, and apparently the arms are PVC rather than rubber. I'm quite happy with the lack of accessories as I never display them anyway. Just want a big green hulk and that's exactly what they have given so a definite buy for me!

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
I think it is likely to be around the £225 mark, and apparently the arms are PVC rather than rubber. I'm quite happy with the lack of accessories as I never display them anyway. Just want a big green hulk and that's exactly what they have given so a definite buy for me!

Well the price has made that a really really easy pass for me.

That's just ridiculous!!!

My Premium Format Joker statue excluding VAT & Fedex has only cost me £245 ($375 inc Delivery) that's £20 more & he's 23" of the best looking statue ever!

In fact the Bowen Savage Hulk statue is only $250 + Shipping from Sideshow (about £160 + delivery) & he's pretty sweet

Hot Toys really need to rethink the pricing...they aren't that exclusive anymore (nothing seems to sell out these days) & they are really pushing it IMO

Glad I'm getting out while I can

Neil

Inked

Distinguished Member
Soundwave said:
Well the price has made that a really really easy pass for me.

That's just ridiculous!!!

My Premium Format Joker statue excluding VAT & Fedex has only cost me £245 ($375 inc Delivery) that's £20 more & he's 23" of the best looking statue ever!

Neil

That makes it over £300 though once in the UK, I was giving what I thought the UK price was.

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
That makes it over £300 though once in the UK, I was giving what I thought the UK price was.

Yeah I appreciate that & that's why I said it was excluding the VAT & Fedex but all in it's still only £80 dearer & just much much more for your money.

I'm not boo hoo'ing the Hulk figure I do think he looks amaze but just seems too much £'s these days for what looks like being the most basic figure HT's have released.

The thing is now if they realize we will pay over £200 for a figure that just comes with a set of different hands we could see the beginning of a trend for high priced figures with little to no accessories.

I'm more than happy to pay that sort of money for figures like the DX11 Joker or DX Luke Skywalker where you get mammoth amounts of accessories (& in the case of Luke even a second True-Type body) but not for the Hulk.
If he'd come with a different head, a destroyed piece of scenery or a beaten up alien I could possibly accept it but not like this...he looks to me to be a £150 figure not over £200.

Neil

vtrmart

Distinguished Member
I remember buying the original HT Rambo and robo cop figures from sideshow 6-7 yrs and they cost between £100-150 with all the taxes etc.

The hulk is a great figure IMO and I will get him-but I do agree it's a £150-175 figure tops given the lack of accessories.

spikecast

The face sculpt is amazing. However the rubber arms kill the figure for me. I think there are certain characters that don't work well as figures as this is one of them.

Bigpig

Looks great tbh. does the elbows really bend?

I just wait till Avengers 3 to start collecting them :rotfl:

Mkm

Looks great tbh. does the elbows really bend?

Yeah, they make a point about it (see the 2nd image posted in the OP). It doesn't look like it moves very much mind...

I think I've got enough on my PO plate for a HT newb anyhow. Happy to wait for later costume iterations for CA and Thor (A2 or their respective sequels). With HT experimenting(?) with PVC, I'm happy to pass for now and read up on how everyone gets on with the Hulk and how well the covered joints hold up over time.

Inked

Distinguished Member
Full price at OSB is up, £208.99 delivered. Better than I thought it would be.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom