• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hot Toys - CS disgrace

Mkm

Established Member
Came across this utterly disgraceful example of HT customer service while browsing the SSF forums. The chap involved has started a photo thread on their facebook page:
Photos of Hot Toys | Facebook

Not sure if cross posting to other forums is permitted here, but to paraphrase somewhat for those who avoid facebook; A guy received a new Iron Man MkIV which had a faulty trunk piece. He went back to his supplier and between them and HT, came to an agreement whereby HT would deal with the replacement themselves directly. HT requested the whole body to be sent to them. He offered to send the offending piece by itself to save them both postage costs, but HT insisted he send the whole thing. So he packaged it all up, boxed and bubblewrapped, and sent it off. HT sent the figure back with a token layer of bubblewrap around it in an envelope. No box. Naturally, the figure got damaged in the post.

Only just started collecting HT here, but this kind of thing is really disappointing to hear about and seems to go above and beyond just being blaise with your customer's butthurts :mad:

Added my support, and while I'm pretty cynical about companies taking note of things like this, hopefully this will get the support it needs for HT to take some notice and change for the better or at least do some damage control and apologise or respond publicly.

gam

Prominent Member
that does look like poor packaging (big understatement) and an idiot would see it would get damaged in transit

I would have prefered the supplier to deal with that sort of thing and looking at that it would make you insist on it if you ever needed too in the future rather than agreeing to deal directly with HT..... going by past stories the likes of sideshow and one sixth bruce have delt with replacements and both send them with more than adaquete packaging

Mkm

Established Member
Agreed. In an ideal world, QC would ensure you don't get sent a duff one in the first place. Between all the various Avengers, there seems to be a helluva lot of releases coming up in December. Here's hoping they can keep on top of it all.

I think Mikael is getting help from his supplier to sort this mess out.

gam

Prominent Member
may be a bit of a pessimist but when I see all those as a 'December' release, I read that as anytime between Dec and May :)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom