Hot Toys - Avengers

Soundwave said:
Welcome aboard what is a very slippery slope ;) lol
Glad to see you are getting involved though.
Modern Age Thor is a no brainer for me as well...he will look so sweeeet

I'm avoiding this Cap
I already have the First Avenger figure & this new suit just does nothing for me & to be honest looking at the teaser pictures for him I don't like the way the suit moves on the figure looks very badly fitted & folds wrong in places IMO

I will however be buying the BD shield to go with my First Avenger Cap & possibly buy the Chris Evans headsculpt once in hand pics start to appear & if they get the likeness as good as the prototype shots.

Neil

The Thor figure will hopefully look awesome. Based on the teaser pics it is looking promising but I'm gonna get him either way. I like the First Avenger figure a hell of a lot more but the Avengers cap is more current.

Assemble! cool pic, not mine

hottavendragonpost1.jpg

Well after doing a little more research and stuff I am definitely tempted to buy the Avengers Cap, the costume looks a lot better on the figure than the First Avenger one IMHO. If i get him though it'll be through Collectibles Direct so I can do it on the Flexpay and with him not due there until Feb next year I could actually get away with it quite happily paying a bit off every week.

Hmmmmmmmm Decisions, decisions

Feb 13 ? HT & OSB say end Q3 2012... ????

God knows but its not all bad, means it is easier to pay off :smashin:

breakersrevenge said:
Just in time for valentine's day!!

You have no idea how much my girlfriend will hate me if I get it and comes then.

I've also just got back from seeing the film (truly epic stuff) and yep Hawkeye has now moved from maybe to definite. Still dont think my collection needs Fury and seeing as I only like 3 figures per shelf in my detolf's I'm thinking it makes perfect sense to do

Captain America + Hawkeye + Black Widow
Mark VII + Hulk + Thor

People who have seen the film will hopefully understand my thinking on that

I'm the opposite, Hawkeye went from maybe to definitely not. Thought he was a pish character, with nothing remotely cool or bad-assed about him.

Captain America, though. After being content with the First Avenger figure, I'm so having the Avengers version. Cap was one of the best things about the film, IMO and done properly. I pre-ordered him as soon as I left the cinema.

Don't need a Mark VII, another Thor or Black Widow and certainly not a Nick Fury.
With regards to the Hulk, we'll see. Price and materials will be the deciding factor.

Actually, out of everything, I still really want a Loki figure. Make it so!

This film was so utterly ridiculous it was extremely good :clap:

New Thor pic

8154681.jpg

Official specs/pics must be coming soon but so far I like what I see :thumbsup:

New Thor pic

Official specs/pics must be coming soon but so far I like what I see :thumbsup:

Yum Yum Yum!!!!

I am super excited to see how he turns out...really like the look of him.

Having seen the film now I know I NEED a Thor & Hulk
Other than that I'm more than happy with the current line up for my Avengers

For me its...

Cap suit still looked cack in the film so he's no go...the headgear is just plain awful
Fury is just Fury not interested in the slighest
Black Widow...Meh colour me not bothered if I do decide to pick her up then a cheap Iron Man 2 version would do me fine
Mark VII not even close the MkIV I have is more than enough...the VII just wasn't different or special enough to warrant a purchase

Now Hawkeye has moved up my list he went from a bit part player to a solid gold character in the film, really really liked him in this & think if I can find him cheap enough I'll pick him up.

Neil

Not a chance you'll pick up the original Black Widow cheap, very hard to find figure and very expensive. Rooted hair looks crap on it as well :laugh:

Soundwave said:
Yum Yum Yum!!!!

I am super excited to see how he turns out...really like the look of him.

Having seen the film now I know I NEED a Thor & Hulk
Other than that I'm more than happy with the current line up for my Avengers

For me its...

Cap suit still looked cack in the film so he's no go...the headgear is just plain awful
Fury is just Fury not interested in the slighest
Black Widow...Meh colour me not bothered if I do decide to pick her up then a cheap Iron Man 2 version would do me fine
Mark VII not even close the MkIV I have is more than enough...the VII just wasn't different or special enough to warrant a purchase

Now Hawkeye has moved up my list he went from a bit part player to a solid gold character in the film, really really liked him in this & think if I can find him cheap enough I'll pick him up.

Neil

For me it is definitely Thor, probably Cap (with unmasked head) I thought it looked a lot better without the cowl. And Hawkeye is still a maybe. Not bothered about the rest except Hulk but then it is entirely price dependant. A Loki figure would be awesome though.

Not a chance you'll pick up the original Black Widow cheap, very hard to find figure and very expensive. Rooted hair looks crap on it as well :laugh:
I love my Black Widow, with her 'crap' rooted hair. ;)

20120430_230337.jpg

You been brushing that hair haven't you ^^

I wish they would show the Hulk already!

You & me both.

That said I'd just be happy with proper reveal & specs for Thor now we've seen that pic above.

Neil

Looking AWESOME!

Attachments

• 574737_10150766375869585_329989274584_9729893_1118584203_n.jpg
    574737_10150766375869585_329989274584_9729893_1118584203_n.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 959

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom