1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot Screens Babies & Children & TH42PE50 CAB

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by malford, Aug 27, 2005.

1. malford

malford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I am considering upgrading my Panasonic TX32PK2 for a Panasonic TH42PE50CAB.
    My question is:
    Please can you tell me if after extended use watching 'Baby Einstein" DVD's will the screen get hot enough to burn a baby or very young childs hand if they dare to touch the screen?
    also if they do get food or dribble on a hot screen is likely to damage the screen?
    I have opted for a cabinet version as this will fit in with the current room plan.

My wife thinks the 32"CRT is big enough for her "Friends" dvd's and cant understand why i have to spend all that money on a plasma. My finger has been on the "buy it now" button for the past few days and it is currently £1,598.22 on ED so i need your advice ladies and gents.

:lease: :uk:

2. ChrisNic

ChrisNic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I would say that no it wouldnt get hot enough to burn. I have just this second finished watching a film so just popped up to see how hot the screen actually was and found that it was only slightly warm far from being hot enough to do damage (even went to the extent of putting my face against the screen!).

As for food or dribble, it would hardly be ideal but cant see it doing any damage provided that it was cleaned off properly as to not scratch the glass.

3. the highlander

the highlander
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    it will be 100% burn free for your little one :thumbsup: but don't let them near with anything that can scratch the screen :eek:

4. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +691
    I've got a 42PV500 and it doesn't get hot even after being on for 7-8 hours at a time, it is slightly warm but no way would it burn my Kids hands or face.Even Andy Peters wouldn't burn his nose on this thing !!

The screens are made from plastic on the PE50/PV500 so you have to be real careful how you clean them.My 3 year old lad will not stop touching/kissing !! it and every night when I get in from work it's got loads of grubby handprints/lip smacks on it.I use a bit of water and a microfibre cloth i got from Tesco's which cleans it up well.

The problem is if he ever decides to throw something at it I reckon even a light scratch would ruin the screen seen as it's plastic.

5. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    I'm sorry but this really isn't very scientific is it? Can you please do it properly and test it with your arse cheeks. Thank you. :D

6. malford

malford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    My little Katherine says she will do the bottom test for you once we receive the screen from empire.. :eek:
    [​IMG] :)

7. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Well, if we're going to use this thread as an excuse to post cute baby pictures, then you're all going to suffer one of my little lad. :D His bum ain't going anywhere near my plasma when I get it though, I can tell you that much!
    [​IMG]