Hot pixel on Nikon D7100 LCD

jim_bob64

Standard Member
Hi,

I recently bought a Nikon D7100 but when finally getting round to opening it and turning it on I noticed a tiny blue pixel on every menu and photo on the camera's LCD but not on the photo itself so I know its not as bad as a dead pixel on the sensor but as its brand new I can't ignore it and it bothers me.

Is there anything I can try to fix this before sending it back to Nikon? Someone suggested putting a video on my SD card that flashes different colour to try to get the pixel unstuck but when trying this the camera wont recognise the .mp4 that I put onto the SD card therefore not playing it and hopefully fixing it.

Is there anything I need to know with video formats that the camera will read and I'll just convert it to that but aside from that is there much I can do?

Thanks in advance,

Jim_bob64

shotokan101

Banned
I wouldn't even try if it's new - I'm assuming that it was bought online or else you'd simply take it back to the shop and demand a replacement ? - even online I'd try the seller 1st as it's their responsibility....

jim_bob64

Standard Member
I tried various tricks to no avail so I contacted Amazon who pointed me to Nikon.
I've put a warranty repair through I just have to send it but I'm a little worries they won't fix it as I've read it has to be more than one stuck pixel plus I don't like the thought of them messing something else up but it did really bother me.

snerkler

Distinguished Member
I take it it's gone past the 14 day no quibble return then? Would bug me too, I'd personally send it off.

Strobe

I thought you had 30 days to return to Amazon. I have always had no issues returning stuff to them (faulty or otherwise) as long as it's Amazon themselves and not a reseller. Just go to your orders and click through the return an item.

snerkler

Distinguished Member
I thought you had 30 days to return to Amazon. I have always had no issues returning stuff to them (faulty or otherwise) as long as it's Amazon themselves and not a reseller. Just go to your orders and click through the return an item.
Perhaps it is, never had to send anything back tbh.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom