Hot Leg (Justin Hawkins Ex-The Darkness) - 'Red Light Fever'

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Jim Morrison, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Jim Morrison

Jim Morrison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    All hail the return of Man Rock!

Hot Leg

Had the debut album for a couple of days now and I haven't stopped grinning. I can't imagine anyone who liked The Darkness being disappointed with this. Brilliant, brilliant stuff, Mr Hawkins. *Makes Devil Horns*

2. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Just didn't see the fuss over The Darkness, and from the few tracks i've heard this sounds the same. After all the fuss Planet Rock have been giving them i was expecting a lot better.

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,238
    Well I liked the Darkness from a fun point of view. A tongue in cheek gloryfication of glam rock combined with the OTT elements of hard rock and all wrapped up with music that actually worked.

Thing is, that sort of thing has a limited lifespan and I always thought that some of their old style prog rock leanings would have peaked through and created another sound.

Hot Leg is just more Darkness and instead of a band being thrown up into the limelight and enjoying the ride, it's a more of a foil for Justin and lacks that spark of passionate craziness that typified the Darkness. It's just another band, competent, but past it's sell by date, almost a parody of its self.......Spinal Tap eat your heart out.