1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot Amp!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by lambpie, Mar 15, 2001.

1. lambpie

lambpie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Denon AVC A10SE amp and I am considering upgrading my speakers to a set of KEF TDM's with a 4 Ohmn Impedance. However, reading the Manual, Denon suggest that 6 - 16 Ohmn Speaker is attached.

Will my Amp be able cope with these speakers??

I am happy that it will, given that the speakers have a sensitivity of 90dB and I rarely have the volume at eardrum popping levels.

If anybody disagrees or can suggest another Speaker package, let me know.

Cheers

2. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have spoken to Denon in the past at a show (where they were using KEF THXs at 4 ohm) about this very subject in reference to my AVC-A1D. Their answer was quite simple, they stated that there was nothing to worry about because (like yours) the amp meets THX standards. Makes their warnings on the casework a bit stupid then!

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar question not long ago except I was driving the amp with higher-than-suggested-impedance speakers.

From what I gathered, if you have lower than amp impedance then you'll be driving the amp much harder.

Check this thread out:
    http://www.wvip.co.uk/ubb/Forum10/HTML/000301.html

--BK