1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hosting live games

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by nojay, Nov 29, 2004.

1. nojay

nojay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having problems hosting private games on xbox live. Am ok hosting a quick game. Have had 10 people in with no problems. When I try to host a game for friends only, it only allows one to join.….others get game no longer available messages. I have set the games with enough friends slot etc. Is there any config I need to do in order to let friends in numbers?

2. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    First of all what game are you having this problem with?

3. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    What game you are trying to host would be a good start :). Are your Newtwork settings all open ?? To check this goto the connection screen on xbox dash and wait for it to connect and press Y it will list your NAT, MTU etc settings these should all be rated 1 - this means you are open and can have anyone join you on live.
    What broadband speed do you have?? as this may effect how many you can host - depending on the game.

4. nojay

nojay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It happens with all games. My example was pgr2. I have no problems hosting public games with lots of players but cannot host a game with more than 1 friend..... I do not get any errors on screen but they get cannot connect message. I get the problem when trying to join them when they have set the game up.....I have 512 connection.

The same happens with ghost recon and rainbow six 3

Thanks for the reply and will check that my connections are all open

5. meinbrain

meinbrain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have this problem with PGR2 ALL the time. its a known flaw. prob not you! it can also be a prob if one of you/some of you didnt get the add on packs.

its well annoying. i have never been able to play one of my mates. EVER!!!