Hosted Exchange Server

Stevieboy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

We current have an on-site 2003 Exchange server and are looking at the various options available (due to support dropping off 2003) and was quite keen to look at the hosted solution option but I have heard some stories of slow connectivity issues etc.

Any of you guys (or girls) familiar with or using hosted Exchange and if so whats your experiences?

Regards

Steve

Pay for a business connection, and if the connection goes back to the same DP as your hosted Co, happy days.

Don't scrimp on your connection, buy the best you can budget for, otherwise lost time in slow processing is an idiots way of hosted desktop.

Work out how many devices are on the network including BYOD, add on the software you use, work out your upload and download needs, that's your connection speed.

Pay for a business connection, and if the connection goes back to the same DP as your hosted Co, happy days.

Don't scrimp on your connection, buy the best you can budget for, otherwise lost time in slow processing is an idiots way of hosted desktop.

Work out how many devices are on the network including BYOD, add on the software you use, work out your upload and download needs, that's your connection speed.

Thanks for that. We have just upgraded to a bonded FTTC solution giving us (based on the last tests) just under 160 down and 40 up. There are only around 45 Exchange users with little other traffic moving around in the day (all website uploads etc tend to run late evening).

Mmm bonded FTTC, my talk! For the price your paying, wouldn't a leased line be cheaper/more efficient - 1:1 ?

We've just moved from Exchange 2007 to Office365 for our business (worldwide). All seems fine and speedy although we do have a fat internet pipe. Migration was pretty seamless too. Our smaller sites which have smaller internet pipes haven't reported any speed issues so far.

I have no idea what our costs are though, dread to think but presume a lot cheaper in the long run that maintaining and support our Exchange environments

We host our email in the Cloud... It's the future.

Mmm bonded FTTC, my talk! For the price your paying, wouldn't a leased line be cheaper/more efficient - 1:1 ?

We pay around ÂŁ150 per month for the bonded solution (completely managed) which seems good value for 160mbit (my experience of leased line, although some years ago was eye watering expensive).

Until two months ago (when fttc came available) we were paying the same for 6mbit bonded.

That's not a bad price, I kno... Oops, sorry mods ;)

:)

To be honest we have had quite a longstanding relationship with our BB provider and the service we get from them is exceptional. The recent move to FTTC was superb (except dealing with Openreach, they turned up 4 times to install 2 lines!!).

This is what has opened up the possibilities of hosted services, something I wouldn't of considered a few months ago.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom