horror

chris3801

Standard Member
Reaction score
ok got home from wrok at around 12.30 to find a goodmans 42inch plasma sitting in the living room :eek: and my wife saying do u like your gift :eek: it was not a good idea that the first words out of my mouth where it has to go back :thumbsdow after over an hour of her not talking to me she tells me if i return the tv she will return me i dont no what she ment by that and im not sure i would like to find out so for now im stuck with a GOODMANS :eek:

chris3801 said:
ok got home from wrok at around 12.30 to find a goodmans 42inch plasma sitting in the living room :eek: and my wife saying do u like your gift :eek: it was not a good idea that the first words out of my mouth where it has to go back :thumbsdow after over an hour of her not talking to me she tells me if i return the tv she will return me i dont no what she ment by that and im not sure i would like to find out so for now im stuck with a GOODMANS :eek:

Goodmans or not. She bought you a 42 inch Plasma!!! :smashin:

My wife won't even entertain one coming inside the house. :thumbsdow

We got one 'cause my fiance wanted one! :thumbsup:

And I agree, don't be too dissappointed :)

Thats true but a Goodmans :( so it looks like im stuck with it. Looks like im going to have to set it up :thumbsdow

It is not a very good plasma, but you got a really good wife!!! You can always buy another TV in the next few years easily, but you won't find another wife as good as her so easy! So cheer up mate!

sounds like you got some making up to do! :)

that is very true. I am sure i could talk her around to putting that in the bedroom an getting another one for the living room but me saying it got to go back didnt help things lol

GTV42P5DVBT this is the TV

Reminds me of the time when my wife bought me a Samsung DVD709 back in the day. I had to wait until I'd checked out t'internet to confirm the breeding of said player before I thanked her. She still hasn't let me forget that :)

Dave.

Thats one thing that should not happen, I dont tell my wife what type of shoes to buy or come back with something and expect here to wear it. Likewise she doesnt buy me any gadgets unless I have specifically asked for something, i.e. she is buying me the Xbox360 for xmas. But on the same hand, you should recognize the fact that she was thinking of YOU. But I feel really sorry for you, I mean a Goodmans :eek: :eek: :oops:

Ok im suprised just pluged in my sky+ vix rgb scart and OMG the PQ is amazing :rotfl: ive closed the curtins turnd off the lights made the room as dark as i can and the PQ is still good it is 100% betta thn my philips lcd. I now have the task of makeing up with the wife :oops: Looks like the onley thing im going shoping for is flowers

mep said:
it's going to take more than flowers! :D

Yep it will be a new kitchen - :D

Enjoy the plasma fella. The fact she bought u one is a result, if your happy with the PQ then even better!!

Dal

looks like im going to have to buy her something nice to go with the flowers may be ill get her a panasonic 42pv500 to go with them LOL :thumbsup: :rotfl:

:hiya: Try the old "STALLION SPRAY" mate:smashin: you'll probably end up with your own cinema room at the end of the shift!!!! :D

hehe...

lol, you lot and your "wives". I've been with my girlfriend for a year and will be moving in with her shortly. Well no, she'll be moving in with me cos its gonna be my flat. She certainly won't be calling any shots in so far as telling me what can and can't be in the living room (a 42\50 inch plasma)..

She also knows better than to buy me something of such specific nature. Just as I wouldn't buy her a handbag or something like that.

Lol, I was with my mate in glastonbury a few months ago and he bough his girlfriend this disgusting handbag that was based on a sewn up pair of denim jeans, it looked vile IMO and I'm sure she wasn't too chuffed when she got it but I haven't mentioned it neither has she...

Personally I reckon your misses was bang out of order for getting you the plasma without consulting you first on the one you wanted!

Its the same thing for games consoles and what not. If your granny got you the plasma then thats different its what grannys do. You know like knit you jumpers you can't stand when your a kid (well mine did anyway :eek: )...

But ya girlfriend. You had to put her right, otherwise it could happen again in the future and it could potentially destroy a relationship, if something like that happened more than once.

you did the right thing bein straight with her!!!

I would be going crackers inside if I kept that in, and I'd prolly blurt it out during an argument at somepoint in the future even if it was months down the line. It would sound a lot worse then I tell ya!

Take the bloody thing back, tell her how important it is that you get the right one, and that the goodmans one she got just isn't the one you were after, and explain the comparison between her having a nice handbag that she thinks is stylish (panasonic) and a handbag made of half a pair of denim jeans (goodmans) plasma.

be all nice about it and act like a little naughty boy, thats what i do in these sort of situations, dunno if that'll work, talk about it straight after giving a good orgasm in bed or something and ya both all dreamy and knackered, women are as receptive to common sense as blokes after a good hour in the sack...obviously can't be sure what your relationship is like but hey its not that big a deal!

The rules on receiving gifts are set in stone- one should be grateful for the act of giving and worry about the suitability later.

This isn't really a problem with the Mrs who some years ago agreed to buy me a phono stage. The original plan was for us to go and select one that she would then pay for. Events conspired against this so she eventually went out on her own- and yes I was worried. She selected a Creek OBH which wasn't on any of the deliberately left shortlists. When asked about this she replied "it sounded better than any of the one's you picked out."

And do you know what? She's right :).

I've been with my girlfriend for a year and will be moving in with her shortly. Well no, she'll be moving in with me cos its gonna be my flat. She certainly won't be calling any shots in so far as telling me what can and can't be in the living room (a 42\50 inch plasma)

Aah the innocence of youth...

I'm betting that in 6 months she's redecorated the whole place and rearranged the furniture at least twice. :rotfl:

I got around the whole "wife" issue buy buying my self a 42" panasonic plasma about 7 weeks ago and then three weeks ago propsed to the gf (she said yes btw).
Anyway I now have until next July to get all the gadgets I need before I start needing to consult with her indoors lol. Kidding aside (and incase she ever reads this), she is just as gadget mad as me and even trawled round shops for months with me before I decided on the panny.
With regards to the goodmans, could it develop one of those intermitent faults that only you have witnessed and need replaced due to this?

I had a Goodmans TV once....died within a year. I had Daewoo cars twice....Engine and break failures within 2 years........I had a Tiny computer...dead within 18 months....good luck with your new Plasma I think u might need it......was nice of your wife to buy you a big pressie though

theo cupier said:
Aah the innocence of youth...

I'm betting that in 6 months she's redecorated the whole place and rearranged the furniture at least twice. :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I agree with him though, I would have it out with her now.

What is she into?

Shoes?
Clothes?
Holidays in Ibiza?

Go and buy her some shitty pair of shoes, or a really chavy top, or book a weekend touring the old sewage works of Istanbul.

She may then get it.

Edit: If you are into your Burberry etc. sorry for the chav comment! ;)

:rotfl thanks for the advice LOL i must admit the PQ is very gd but then ive never seen the panasonic PQ. Looks like im sticking with it till next year :rolleyes: oh and the ive given the wife the credit card and told her to buy her self something nice DONT THINK IT WAS A GOOD MOVE but hay got me back in her good books :clap:

chris3801 said:
:rotfl thanks for the advice LOL i must admit the PQ is very gd but then ive never seen the panasonic PQ. Looks like im sticking with it till next year :rolleyes: oh and the ive given the wife the credit card and told her to buy her self something nice DONT THINK IT WAS A GOOD MOVE but hay got me back in her good books :clap:
:rolleyes: "Yeh you never know she might treat herself to a 42pv500 :smashin:

I must be the luckiest bloke on earth, my wife even let me use her credit card to buy our PW7. :clap:

robo989 said:
hehe...

lol, you lot and your "wives". I've been with my girlfriend for a year and will be moving in with her shortly. Well no, she'll be moving in with me cos its gonna be my flat. She certainly won't be calling any shots in so far as telling me what can and can't be in the living room (a 42\50 inch plasma)..

She also knows better than to buy me something of such specific nature. Just as I wouldn't buy her a handbag or something like that.

Lol, I was with my mate in glastonbury a few months ago and he bough his girlfriend this disgusting handbag that was based on a sewn up pair of denim jeans, it looked vile IMO and I'm sure she wasn't too chuffed when she got it but I haven't mentioned it neither has she...

Personally I reckon your misses was bang out of order for getting you the plasma without consulting you first on the one you wanted!

Its the same thing for games consoles and what not. If your granny got you the plasma then thats different its what grannys do. You know like knit you jumpers you can't stand when your a kid (well mine did anyway :eek: )...

But ya girlfriend. You had to put her right, otherwise it could happen again in the future and it could potentially destroy a relationship, if something like that happened more than once.

you did the right thing bein straight with her!!!

I would be going crackers inside if I kept that in, and I'd prolly blurt it out during an argument at somepoint in the future even if it was months down the line. It would sound a lot worse then I tell ya!

Take the bloody thing back, tell her how important it is that you get the right one, and that the goodmans one she got just isn't the one you were after, and explain the comparison between her having a nice handbag that she thinks is stylish (panasonic) and a handbag made of half a pair of denim jeans (goodmans) plasma.

be all nice about it and act like a little naughty boy, thats what i do in these sort of situations, dunno if that'll work, talk about it straight after giving a good orgasm in bed or something and ya both all dreamy and knackered, women are as receptive to common sense as blokes after a good hour in the sack...obviously can't be sure what your relationship is like but hey its not that big a deal!

Amen to that, Trisha.

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom