Horror Night Tonight

Garrett

Reaction score
The BBC are showing 2 horror film tonight back to back, starting at 23.10.
First off is the premier of Dracula 2000 released the same year as the title. And The House That Dripped Blood which is an omnibus of stories which were popular in the 60’s and 70’s with Amacus Productions. Staring Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and Denholm Elliott to name just a few.

Not seen 'the house that dripped blood' in donkeys - i particularly remember the Jon Pertwee section, with the sexy Ingrid Pitt as his wife/girlfriend (cant remember which). Thanks for the heads-up, i'll tape this one to watch later.

On the subject of these old 'story collection' films, can you remember the one with Ian Ogilvy and the old door he buys for inside his house - good one that - just cant remember the film, though it might have been the one with Peter Cushing as the antiques shop owner.

Dean

Yes it was that one with Peter Cushing at the Anttiques shop owner....

Tales From Beyond The Grave...

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0070078/

This is also the one with Donald Pleasance and his real daughter (playing his daughter in the film too).
I remember she looked really weird and spooky:eek:

Originally posted by Kevo
Yes it was that one with Peter Cushing at the Anttiques shop owner....

Tales From Beyond The Grave...

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0070078/

This is also the one with Donald Pleasance and his real daughter (playing his daughter in the film too).
I remember she looked really weird and spooky:eek:
Seem to remember her looking a bit like that woman on Emmerdale with the squeaky voice but more weird. (Must point out I do not watch it just when I go round to my parent they have it on, (far worse than any horror film in my opinion:eek: )).

Tales From Beyond The Grave
I though that was one of the better omnibus tales as the justice was dealt out poetically and those that did wrong suffered, whereas a lot innocent people had a real nasty end in a lot of the others.

If you like this sort of thing, then you all need to get "The Amicus Collection" on disc. They are all good films, if you like that sort of thing (and I love this sort of thing), except "And now the Screaming Starts". I happened across this by accident and am pretty pleased I bought it.
Anyone know of some other horror collections (other than the Hammer ones) that I should know about?

Russell

I was pleasantly surprised at the Dracula 2000 as it gets a low score on IMDB and find very few modern day horror stories are up to much and there was a nice twist to the story.
Nice one BBC and The Arrival you showed a few months back.:smashin: :clap:

HI,

Channel 4 are doing a horror night, tonight - Monday 29th March - as well.

At 1am, they will be showing George Romero's rarely-seen "Season Of The Witch" (also known as "Jack's Wife"), and then at 3:20am, they are transmitting the Hammer classic "Lust For A Vampire" with Ralph Bates.

Both should be required viewing, albeit for different reasons! :rotfl:

Pooch

How did The House That Dripped Blood start and end? I missed the very beginning just before the Dominic story and the tape finished just as the inspector went to the house at the end just as he was breaking a lock off a cellar door.

How did The House That Dripped Blood start and end?

{Spoiler]

Opening titles with general inside shots of (THE house) rooms/furniture etc, at night. Cue daylight, and Inspector pulls up in car outside house gates. Gates are locked, so he goes to see local bobbie. Local bobbie is sat reading newspaper about the mysterious disappearance of a famous film actor (Jon Pertwee) ¡V which the Inspector is there to investigate. Local bobbie mnetions that other strange things have happened at the house, then proceeds to tell the first story (Dominic)

[End of story] Inspector goes down to the cellar, see a coffin. Clock strikes midnight and out pops Jon Pertwee (now a full vampire). Inspector stumbles back in horror and breaks a chair (or table). Pertwee rushes at him, as the Inspector grabs a shard of the broken furniture and plunges it into the vampires heart. Camera swings to another coffin, and out pops Ingrid Pitt (shame it wasent literally ļ). She changes into a bat and gets the upper hand of the detective (he screams, screen fades out).

[Last scene] Estate agent is stood outside the house. He turns to the camera, and says something like ¡§have YOU discovered the secret of the house yet?.......thats right, the house reflects the personality of its owner¡K¡K.maybe you¡¦re the right person for this house?¡¨.

THE END.

Nice to see it shown in widescreen....top marks to the BBC for that one.

Thanks for that Deansimm.

I must say Ingrid Pitt looked the best I have ever seen you in that black dress.:eek:

Originally posted by Deansimm
no problem

she looked good in (or out of) anything ;)

Dean

If you like out did you see her in The Wicker Man last week.:)

no, i forgot about it. I keep meanng to borrow the DVD off my brother. I'll be watching out for her and Britt as well ;-)

An other I just spotted on in just over 2 hours on the BBC Tales From The Crypt 1 -2.30 the one with (Peter Cushing as) Grimsdyke in it.

Missed that - just read your post this morning. Dont you love saturday evenings tv:( - anything decent is always on late at night, or even in this case, early morning.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom